Author Topic: My favourite photo  (Read 2220 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
My favourite photo
« on: March 08, 2008, 09:19:52 PM »
I keep this photo on my desk at work.
Its my darling little daughter and her cousins, in my dads wheelbarrow.

A new scanner arrived in the office this week, so I gave my colleague some material to test it with.
Voila, now I can put it on the web.
http://www.flowergenie.co.uk/images/Forum/tara%20in%20wheelbarrow.jpg

They say a photo can say 1000 words, and this one does!
Originally we thought Tara (front, the one NOT smiling) was afraid of the clucky hens.
Now I'm not so sure. Is there a word for "fear of gardening" ?  ;D

Look at those "flowers" in the background!

Heres Tara in a nice garden setting, a couple of years ago:
http://www.ideasforgardens.com/ighome16.jpg

NightHawk

Re: My favourite photo
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 10:44:19 PM »
Nice photos George - something to be proud of.

Looking at both photos of Tara we can see that she has blossomed - not so sure about those flowers though.  ;)

You could almost devise a caption competition from the wheelbarrow set-up.  Not a thousand words in this case though, but maybe something like - (Tara says) I don't like the way that chicken is looking at me, I want it for breakfast."

Do you know what she was actually thinking when that photo was taken?

Hasn't digital photography made things so much easier now to get photos onto computers.  ;D

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 11:48:43 PM »
Ah indeed, the digital camera has come a long way!
I treasured that photo for all those years. The hard copies are nice of course. The "kids" have a hoke through the photos drawer at holiday times and its always good to have a laugh at the past events.

Those tall green flowers were Urtica dioica (tee hee!) and the yellow flowers were Turnips (I think) In their second year, they shoot, and produce a fine display of yellow flowers. They then self seed like mad!
I cleared all those "flowers" away eventually, and made my Crysanthemum beds in that area. It was hard work, as I recall!

Should I change the home page on ideasforgardens.com to that photo???
http://www.ideasforgardens.com
The home page photos is supposed to be changed regularly, but I kinda like that one as well  :-\
Tara doesnt quite approve of that one, but since she now lives in Manchester, its nice to see her each time I check that web site.

NightHawk

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 06:03:04 AM »
Should I change the home page on ideasforgardens.com to that photo???

We think you should put both of the photos on the Home page, especially as the younger version of Tara is one of your most treasured.  Then you have a 'before' and 'after' to compare  :)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 09:50:19 AM »
Fine by me, but the shock would be tooooo much for my little petal  :)

I hope to get back to updating the www.ideasforgardens.com website soon. As you can see, I havent had time to update it for a while. Tina (on out forum) has given me permission to include some of her articles in the Articles section. Palustris also gave permission to feature a before-after area of his garden. Linking to the ideasforgardens.net (with your site) gves a lot of new material.