Author Topic: Oh dear!  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Palustris

Oh dear!
« on: July 20, 2007, 12:57:50 PM »
Last week was my wife's birthday. We had a big family get together (34 plus folks). I went round and took pictures of most of the things in the garden in flower on that day. (Well to be totally honest I did it the following week 'cos I was too busy on the actual day, but you know what I mean). I have just about finished going through them putting names to as many as I can. The Clematis still need some and the Hemerocallis. So, how many pants in flower? around 300! Different,
All on Photobucket now too!

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Oh dear!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 04:04:36 PM »
It sure sounds like you had a great time, and happy birthday to your wife, Eric.

Good to see you have listed your plants. Thats what its all about here.
Its a chore, but invariably I find when I research the plants that I have, it widens the horizon on plants that are available that I havent tried. e.g. when I investigate a Genus, I find lots of interesting species to try, with all sorts of variations.

Is there a new link to the project on Photobucket ?

Offline Palustris

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 05:53:01 PM »
Not yet, having trouble with Photobucket at present.

Offline Palustris

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 06:08:59 PM »
Taken some doing has thtis.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v172/Berghill/Birthday%20Flowers/
If you know the names of any of the unnamed flowers I would be grateful for identification.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 07:41:50 PM »
I'd say it took some doing!
That is fantastic work.Well done, and thanks for sahring it here.
The site is a little slow at present, so I'll revisit later. I see some plants I really like -
e.g. Filipendua - I was in a Nursery one warm summer day and this heavenly scent wafted in the air. I traced it to a Filipendua, white like yours. Is yours scented?
I see your Liatris, Asters and Anemone's are in bloom. You must be a few weeks ahead of us in Ireland. My Anemone's are in bud stage, only. Likewise Liatris. Asters some time away yet.
You have a lovely collection of Day Lillies - in a wide range of colours
Inula - again, yours are in full bloom, mine are about 1 week to flowering time - they make a great show, but unfortunately, a bit too fleeting for my liking.

I'll put in a page mark here. I stopped qt page 10. Back for more later.