Author Topic: G'day from WA  (Read 3212 times)

Offline AussieCol

G'day from WA
« on: December 01, 2005, 12:31:07 AM »
We live on a 5 acre 'Bushblock' about 100 klms South of Perth in Western Australia.
I have identified & photographed 136 different species, 22 of these being native Orchids.
Being a lover of Australian Native plants & a keen amateur photographer I have taken over 1000 photo's including many close-ups of the species that grow naturally on the block.
The weather here is classed as Mediterranean, which means we have cool wet winters with hot dry summers.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 12:24:37 AM by AussieCol »

Offline Pixydish

Re: G'day from WA
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 05:08:47 AM »
Hello AussieCol!
How lovely your place sounds! We traveled with some dear friends from NewCastle, NSW a few years ago and fell in love with Australia, as I am sure everyone does! I will never forget the tree full of Black Cockatoos! It was one of the most glorious sights I have ever seen. I did not get to Western Australia, but maybe some day I will!
I do hope there is a way to post photos on this site, as I am very keen to see your orchid photos. I have recently received my first orchid on a plant trade I did with a lady down in Texas. So now I am interested to know as much as possible about them.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 02:46:08 PM »
PHOTOS: METHOD 1
Heres one of the many photos Col sent me:
Its in the User Gardens section here:
http://www.ideasgenie.co.uk/usergardens5.html

I used the Image button to put this photo here (have a read over the Help, its fairly straight forward), but you must have the image hosted on a server somewhere to show it like this.
You click "image" then put a URL in the middle of the code that it produces.

I prefer you good folk to use this method, as I only have 200mb on this web space, although it can be increased at a cost

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 02:54:25 PM by ideasguy »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 02:52:02 PM »
PHOTOS : METHOD 2
Another one of Col's photos (Perhaps Col will post a message to give more details about the plant??)
To use this method:
Click  "Additional Options"
Opposite attach, click Browse
Find a photo on your own computer and attach it.
When you post, the file is uploaded to THIS server, so is taking up disk space, which is more limited than on a personal computer.
File sizes that you can upload are limited to 128kb

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 03:00:26 PM by ideasguy »

Offline Pixydish

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 09:10:12 PM »
Those are lovely! I had read 'help', but I think the problem is that my images are stored on my hard drive, not a server. But those are fabulous plants and thanks for the photos!

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 01:25:58 AM »
If they are on your hard drive, you need to click on "Additional Options" and use the "Attach" option. They are uploaded to this server when you post.
Cols photoa are really good, arent they. The plants are so unusual! He's got lots more plants AND photos! He sent me a CD, so I hope to do something very useful with that soon.