Author Topic: I am Pixydish. How do you do?  (Read 2825 times)

Offline Pixydish

I am Pixydish. How do you do?
« on: November 30, 2005, 07:13:26 AM »
I live in Lakewood, Washington, which is south of Seattle about 30 miles or so and directly on Puget Sound. I have a garden that seems to get bigger each year and this year I built a pond. I have very much enjoyed the pond all season. Right now my biggest love is hydrangeas and I am working on adding unusual cultivars to the garden. I really use my Ideas Genie software almost every day.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: I am Pixydish. How do you do?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 10:38:45 AM »
Hi Pixydish and a big Irish welcome to you.
You've already created a flurry of activity with your first wave of postings, so thats great to get this new shiny forum started.

I'm all chuffed to note you comments about using IG every day.That is really nice to know, and gives me such a boost. I have to say I thrive on user correspondence. The darkest days were the first couple of years when I was developing IG. I asked myself so many times "Will anybody ever use this stuff?!!" Even at this stage, I cant stand silence.
So, needless to say, I am really excited about "The IG community".
The exciting thing for me will be to see all the people who email me regularly meeting up with other Ideas Genie users.
If this all works, my dream, "The Ideas Genie community" will become a reality.

Ive invited another big list of IG people last night, so lets see who comes along.

Meanwhile, my enthusiasm has rocketed. Looks like I'll be burning that midnight oil for a while yet!

Offline Pixydish

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 05:12:11 AM »
Yes, George, I think you should continue well into the night! I absolutely use this program all the time. I have a couple of ideas about it that I can email you later. You have probably done a new version since I bought mine, and I didn't even think of that until now.
Is there a way to post photos on this forum? I would love to see photos of people's gardens, and AussieCol has photos of native orchids in Australia that have me positively drooling on the keyboard.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 07:48:40 PM »
With this new forum, its already WELL into the night, Pixydish!

Theres a lot of changes to Ideas Genie. Its moved on to Version 3.
You can compare the features here:
http://www.garden-software.co.uk/Our-Gardening-Software/our-gardening-software.html

I will be publishing detailed info about all the new exciting features soon. It was a lot of effort, but I now have a complete range of products, from Basic to Pro, as you can see on this home page:
http://www.garden-software.co.uk

I'll be releasing IG Pro in a couple of weeks. This past few weeks has been devoted to debugging Flower Genie, and adding a few "wee changes". Its good, and it is now available. Its fun!
It can be installed completely independently of Ideas Genie, though you can link to exactly the same photos as IG if you wish.

Posting photos:
I have been feeling my way with this new forum, and discovered this morning that new users couldnt post attachments. Arrrgh!
Since we are all trusted members of the Ideas Genie community, I changed the permissions.
Thus, when you are posting a mesage, look below and to the left of the text area, and click on the "Additional Options" button. You'll be able to attach files from your own computer. When you do that, they are uploaded unto the Forum server, and can be seen by all members.