Our Gardens > Opening your garden to a tour

An amazing 2009 season of open days in our garden.

<< < (2/5) > >>

roiphil:
Pleased all went well for you both, and you had a very good turn out, i shall be watching my inbox in expectations now  ;)  ;D

Lyn and Malcolm:

George wrote

--- Quote ---For the benefit of those surfing in (now we are open to the public on the forum as from today) heres a link to your website:
http://www.lynandmalc.co.uk/
and of course, your fabulous WPG project:
http://www.plantguide.lynandmalc.co.uk/

--- End quote ---

Thanks for adding those links to our website George.

The WPG has 1100 plants in our garden listed, and all but 70 have pictures now. Still striving to get that figure down, must not miss any that come into flower. Hopefully get some more notes on the plants added this winter.

Malcolm

ideasguy:
Only 70 to go!
That really is amazing Malcolm.

I don't think visitors to a superb web site like yours can ever fully appreciate the time and effort that it has taken.
Its only when you actually create a web site yourself that you see exactly what is involved.
Photos take a lot of work and a whole range of artistic and techy skills and certainly create the WOW factor.
Data and information on each web page is another thing entirely. It takes a LOT of effort to provide information and to validate the accuracy of what you write. That is even more relevant in the case of plants.

Fortunately, our WPG projects (our websites) are not intended to be "encyclopaedia's".
The WPG notion is based on Reviews. Any information is meant to be an account of your own personal growing experiences, an account of what you liked about the plants, how they performed in your garden, what height they grew to, their form, hardiness, garden worthiness, how floriferous they were etc etc - anything worthy of comment and relaying to others who may be considering growing the plants you present in your WPG project.
That, in my book, is invaluable (thats why I designed the software that way  ;D)

Thus, when writing up the text, remember that you don't have to go delving into a pile of gardening books. Just tell us about your plants!
Hope that makes it an enjoyable winter project, Malcolm.
I'm a big admirer of your website as you know, and it just keeps getting better.
Keep up the good work, you two! Its very much appreciated.

Lyn and Malcolm:

George wrote

--- Quote ---Keep up the good work, you two! Its very much appreciated.

--- End quote ---

And I appreciate the work you have put into IGPro, which gets used virtually every day, to keep track of the plants and pictures we look after here.
And of the help you have given with tweeks to the program, for instance the "how many plants don't have pictures print out" which is invaluable to me.

Points taken about the personal growing experiences for the WPG. I hope to do my best on that, and also hope to get Lyn to assist as well, which isn't easy. :-X

Malcolm

ideasguy:
Fun for all the family  ;D
Thanks for your comments Malcolm. Seeing the fruits of the software being used makes the efforts on my part more that worthwhile, and seeing the forum gaining in popularity is inspirational.
Its good to talk, great when someone talks back and fantastic when everone joins in!

Now, while you are busy on your Reviews, I have a few things in mind to keep me occupied.
More fun for all ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version