Plants > Clematis

The Clematis database at the University of Hull (UK)

<< < (3/3)

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: ideasguy on April 13, 2009, 09:07:22 AM ---Ever tried? Heres a thread on our forum with tips.
--- End quote ---

Sorry George, missed this one. Anthea has tried but not successfully. Thanks for the link, perhaps I can persuade her to have another go.

Eric H

ideasguy:
We can both have another go. I'd love to master that feat!
Eric (palustris) has added additional info today, so we'll keep that link active until we get success!

Your Clematis 'Marie Boisselot' is a real beauty!
I have the white/very pale pink montana. You seem to have a deeper pink one in your garden (second photo).

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: ideasguy on April 13, 2009, 12:11:08 PM ---We can both have another go. I'd love to master that feat!
--- End quote ---
Anthea reminded me in the car just now that she did succeed in propagating that pink C. Montana many years ago by pegging a bit down in a flower pot. She left it for many months, in fact she forgot about it for a long time, then she cut the umbilical cord, as it were, when she discovered that it had in fact rooted. We planted that to grow over a garden shed. I had forgotten that !!!

Anthea's half cousin has a very attractive one called Clematis Ville de Lyons. I photographed it when visiting. We can't claim any credit for this one.

Clematis "Ville de Lyons"

Eric H

ideasguy:
Well done Anthea! I have at least one Ville de Lyon, possibly two. One has clambered up a post and along a low electric wire running to a shed. Guess I should prune that thing!

I'll inspect my "Nelly" more closely tomorow. I noticed some thick stems arched onto the ground. I wonder do they have roots?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version