Plants > Help!

Plants for ailing rose bed?

<< < (2/2)

ideasguy:
I like that pink one! I have the taller yellow. Its over 30 years old and flowers like crazy every year.
Ive looked it up in books and nearest fit is P. fruticosa 'Elizabeth'
Ive propagated it and have three others from it in my garden and one in my sons garden.
I may have grown them from seedlings, or root suckers? Long time ago!

Ive taken photo of that pink one like yours in a neighbours garden. Its a beauty.
I took some cuttings last year. They are deciduous as you know. They were making signs of growth end of season and looked like they had "taken". I think I seen a little sign of life last inspection. We shall see.

Has Anthea managed to propagate Clematis? We have a thread here on the forum where I asked for advice. Its one of the plants Ive never had success with.

Eric Hardy:
I have told Anthea that you have managed to propagate potentilla and I think you have given her the urge to try again. What time of year did you take the cuttings? No she hasn't tried clematis. I will look that up.

Eric H

ideasguy:
Last years cuttings were late summer Eric.
I will check tomorrow on how they are doing and "report back"

The others in my garden were taken so long ago I don't recall the details.
I attempt to root up plants all through the gardening season. My dog should be called "Proppy". He seems to know he best time to take cuttings. He smashes up some of my plants when chasing a ball   :o
I pick up the broken pieces and take cuttings. Surprisingly, most of them take, so he seems to "know" when its a suitable time to propagate.
We do try to remember to throw the ball where there are no nice plants in the "line of flight".

ideasguy:
Had a quick look in the greenhouse (off today - have to take my wife to airport this afternoon to fly to visit our Daughter in Manchester))
I see nice new leaves emerging on one of the cuttings I took last autumn, Eric.
Cold greenhouse over winter, no bottom heat at any time in the process for that one.
It must be simple enough so may give Anthea more encouragement to have another try.

Eric Hardy:
Thanks George, I think that will encourage Anthea to try again. Perhaps she did it at the wrong time of year, she is usually successful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version