Computers > Questions

Ccleaner

<< < (2/2)

Palustris:
So I used it and it has done exactly what I was hoping to avoid and removed all our passwords. I did tell it not to remove Cookies which is where they are normally stored, but even so I am now having to log in (where I can remember the blasted things).

ideasguy:
No response as yet, folk.

I'm alarmed at your posting Laurie.
I agree, the registry is most certainly not to be messed with, hence I await the advice of my learned colleague.

Personally, I wouldnt be too concerned if it removed passwords from my computer.
Best kept in memory or on a Flash drive. To me, Personal Computer is the best example of an oxymoron that I can think of.
When I get time, I will be starting a few new topics related to security and privacy - a) Cashed files b) Downloading software (in particular the program updates to my software items and c) Cookies

Did the software fix any problems Eric?

Palustris:
It did actually, The machine started up at somewhere near the speed it used to. I know there were bits of deleted programs in it and so on. It does appear to have got rid of them.
Ccleaner seems to be the one every one uses and it does save the old Registry before altering it so you can go back easily. I did do a Restore point before beginning.

ideasguy:
Very good work Eric. You were wise to make those security backups before starting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version