Author Topic: Another record!  (Read 2391 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Another record!
« on: October 24, 2011, 09:09:03 PM »
Heavy rain here in Northern Ireland. On the news this evening it was announced that the rainfall levels are the highest ever recorded for the month of October. Fortunately we live on top of a hill. On the TV, we sympathised with some families who had their houses destroyed with flooding.
Its lashing as I write. Great weather for working at the computer - no feelings of guilt when looking out at my garden.

We missed out on the barmy SUNNY :o warm weather experienced by most of the UK. Clouds have been hanging over us for months :'(. Surprisingly the garden has lots of bloom - my work was not in vain!

NightHawk

Re: Another record!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:56:46 PM »
Rain here too at the moment as I write.  Not heavy though, but accompanied by some pretty strong winds.

Managed to get our grass cut on Sunday afternoon, just before the rain started.

Word is that the good weather we've been getting recently is about to change.  Ho-hum  ::)

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 10:34:15 PM »
The guy who comes up with an amphibious lawnmower would make a fortune here :D

NightHawk

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 09:28:23 AM »
The guy who comes up with an amphibious lawnmower would make a fortune here :D
It's spooky that you mention that George because I've got a design on my drawing board at the moment for such a thing, which I call the AQUA CUT.  You ride it like a jet-ski, but it hovers over your grass like a hovercraft.  The rain water is squirted out to the side away from your lawn and the wet grass cuttings are collected in a large box at the back.  A super-sized fan heater dries the lawn below as you go.
It will be available some time in the future and sell for around £1,000,000 (1 million pounds) - patent is currently pending ...... don't I just wish  :D  ;)
Now back to reality  ::)

As you say though George - such an invention would be revolutionary  :)

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 07:54:28 PM »
A good subject for 1st April :D ;D
I love those specifications youve "been working to" :D
A very appropriate name you've picked as well. You might have to sharpen up on that price tag though :D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:57:28 PM by ideasguy »