Author Topic: Back to the Forum and Needing to Reload the Program  (Read 2475 times)

Offline JohnB

• Main Signature
    • John & Kath B's Photo Album
Back to the Forum and Needing to Reload the Program
« on: June 25, 2011, 01:05:05 AM »
Hello Again!

It's been a long time since I was active on the forum and used IG Pro. A whole load of work got in the way but while I've not been participating, I've never forgotten about the forum and this group of (online) friends. So I guess it's time to catch up!

Our garden here on Bainbridge Island took quite a hit this last winter, we had a very early cold snap in November, down in the 20's F that did a lot of damage as many of the more tender perennials and shrubs had not hardened off. Then we had another similar week in February when a lot of plants were putting out their first flush of growth. A number of my Rhododendrons - macabeanum, sinogrande, arboreum, & auriculatum species went deciduous on me - which is pretty worrying. One sinogrande and one arboreum has not recovered and become fodder for the chipper. Many of my hydrangeas lost all their top growth, but most seemed to have survived. I did lose 2 eucalyptus trees, although I just discovered fresh growth at the base of one, so I may have a shrub now rather than a tree.

I've been posting garden pictures to SmugMug - http://johnandkathb.smugmug.com if anyone would like to take a look. I'm going to upload some more this weekend.

We've had a pretty cool and damp spring here this year and only in the past couple of weeks have we seen temps in low 70's F, so it's also been a pretty slow start for many of the plants (and the gardener!).

On the computer front, I finally upgraded my desktop computer to a new Gateway (I've always bought Dell's in the past), it has dual quad-core Intel i7 processors, 8GB of RAM, 3TB of storage, and two 24" monitors -- I use this for both home and work activity -- but it really flys and Windows 7 seems pretty solid. However, while I still have my database, I now have the task of reinstalling IG-Pro, so will be acting much like a newbie on that front again, re-learning the world if IG-Pro.   George -- I would like to properly contribute to program support, so perhaps you can let me know how I can accomplish that.

I'm just starting to look around the forum and enjoying seeing all the updates and photos.

All the best,
John

NightHawk

Re: Back to the Forum and Needing to Reload the Program
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 07:27:47 PM »
It's great to have you back on the Forum again John - welcome back  :)

You've certainly been hit badly by the weather and it's saddening to hear of the plants you've lost through it.  Hopefully some of them may recover.

Good luck with that.

No doubt George will get you back on track with IG Pro and give you the appropriate advice for your program support participation  ;)

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 12:45:39 AM »
Hi John
I apologise for the delay. I had a nasty problem to solve. I cut the first 3 CD's for the new Bank Genie Pro. Two were posted out, and I gave one to my son to test. It failed on the installation. Two days of mental torment and a candle burning session to the middle of the night, and I finally got it solved. I need to document the solution to share with a developers forum I frequent in gratitude for their suggestions.

Ideas Genie Pro can now be downloaded.
I'll send you an email with the download link. That would be the quickest way to get up and running on your new computer.

Ive been working with an IG Pro user in Australia on making my software work on dual monitors on W7. Easy it was NOT >:(
I was putting the finishing touches to Bank Genie Pro, and sent Ian a download link.
We worked together to solve the problem and it now works for Bank Genie Pro.
However, it involved some database changes so I was not able to make that change to Ideas Genie Pro, until the next upgrade.
It will also be upgraded to the new interface and features which I have developed for BG Pro.
Instead, there is a simple workaround. If you experience problems, let me know.

There may be

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
Great sets of photos John. Thanks for sharing them with us here on the forum.
In the 2011 Garden Gallery, IMG_0426 - is it a Corydalis flexuosa? Blue? Ive tried to grow that a number of times and failed yet Corydalis lutea grows happily.