Author Topic: Back online  (Read 2856 times)

NightHawk

Back online
« on: December 29, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »
Have just this evening got our telephone connection activated to use our broadband again.

Will take a while to catch up on current events though.

Had a great Christmas in our new home in Hampshire - more about that in another topic later on.

We hope everyone had a very merry Christmas too.

Laurie.

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Re: Back online
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 09:08:44 PM »

Welcome back Kathy and Laurie. The weather down here must have reminded you of your old home. ;D

Malcolm

NightHawk

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 09:22:19 PM »
Welcome back Kathy and Laurie. The weather down here must have reminded you of your old home. ;D

Thanks Malcolm.  Only briefly though.  From talking to our neighbours the snow caught them all out this year, but it hasn't lasted long here.  Compared to the north it's practically tropical down here.  ;D

Recorded an overnight temperature here on Christmas night into Boxing Day morning of -13° C  :o

Have been watching the weather forecasts to compare with the 'old' location and they are still being badly hit up there - more snow and very cold.

Has been very mild here today at 8°C with a lingering fog.  All snow has gone.  Went for an afternoon walk into the local countryside - marvellous.  8)

It's so quiet here.  What a wonderful shock to the senses from our previous urban environment.  So much more relaxing.

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
Good to have you back Kathy and Laurie!
Delighted to read you had a Happy Christmas in your new home!

Temperatures heres changed overnight on Boxing day. It was -9 driving home on boxing day. This evening it was +9 driving home from Belfast. What a difference a week makes!

Looking forward to hearing more about your new location.

NightHawk

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 11:04:49 PM »
Thanks George.

I've been busy all evening going through my online websites where I have accounts, and changing my home address.
You don't realise how many you accumulate - there's loads  ::)

Laurie.

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 02:19:28 PM »
welcome back, hope your enjoying your new house, expecting lots of garden photos of a new garden in progress
Phil

NightHawk

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 03:09:49 PM »
Thanks for that Phil.

I've just posted some latest info on our house move and will be updating the topic as time goes by.

You can follow the progress here.

Laurie.