Author Topic: A day at the seaside  (Read 2290 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
A day at the seaside
« on: August 15, 2010, 07:03:09 PM »
The nearest seaside resort to us is Newcastle, Co Down - you may have heard the song about the location by Percy French "Where the Mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea".
We took a day trip (20 miles) there today, met up with (son) Julian, Naomi and little James, and we bumped into my bro and his daughter.
Its was the warmest day Ive ever spent in Newcastle. Even on a sunny day it can be quite cold with the sea breezes, but not today - it was truly glorious.
Weather is to stay warm into tomorrow, but showers expected to return on Tuesday and Wed.

NightHawk

Re: A day at the seaside
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:32:18 AM »
It sounds like you had a good day out George.

It seems we've got to grasp the chances of getting out and about when the good weather arrives at this moment in time.  It's so changeable.
Apart from a couple of decent weeks in June, the weather in our region is starting to feel autumnal.  Cool, damp and windy and mist on the hills.

We've not been anywhere for a while now.  Maybe we'll get an 'Indian summer'  :-\

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 09:57:12 AM »
An Indian summer would be very welcome this year Laurie. I have lots of new flowers planted and it would give them a good chance to establish before winter sets in.
Today is not as good as was forecast. Bright but only the occasional blink of sun at present, and rain to come in from the west in the afternoon :'(

Offline newplantguy

• Gooderham Horticulture
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 05:48:54 PM »
One of my favorite places the seaside :)
I like the North Norfolk coast and the Dorset Coast. :)
I was tinking I have been fortunate to have seen a few different seas and Oceans, Atlantic, Pacific, North Sea, Carribean Sea, Red Sea.
Have not seem to have had the time to go far at all this year. :(
The Indian summer would help a lot with those plants, here today it has been cloudy and cool, like that since the weekend.
Paul.