Author Topic: Garden Plants by Post  (Read 3787 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Garden Plants by Post
« on: December 31, 2008, 08:10:45 PM »
In less than a month from installing IG Pro, Phil (roiphil on the forum) has amazed me with a very new and exciting application for the WPG (Web page Generator)

Check this out
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/gardenplantsbypost/

Read over the introduction and you will see that Phil is planning to sell plants on the net and deliver mail order.

Phil created the above WPG web site pretty much on his own steam.
We discussed his plans for selling on line. I informed him that I'd like to develop the WPG to allow him to sell on line, but that we'd need to link to a shopping cart, for processing payments. I passed the link to the one I use for selling my software online.
http://www.romancart.com/

I suggested he sign up for the free option, so we could play around with the options.

Before your could say "Begorrah", he had signed up, configured options on the romancart site, and pasted the HTML code (supplied by romancart for each specific product you configure) for a button into the Review portion for one of the plants.

I was astounded. I didnt think it would be that EASY!
Now go back to the above site, and look for the Add to Basket buttons.
As a test, I added a plant to basket, checked out and Phil got his first "order"

Conclusion: The WPG has potential to be a full blown selling machine  8)
Gene may well be interested in this.
Anyone else planning to sell plants mail order?

Incidentally, theres a subtle meaning to roiphil  - Phil from ROI, the Republic of Ireland. However, Phil hails from England. Nice to see he he's now an Irishman  :)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
Re: Garden Plants by Post
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 08:43:37 PM »
 :-[ :-[ :-[ what can i say apart from thankyou, without your help george i think i would have struggled, the site is still in test mode so if any one wants to play with the add to basket and checkout buttons please do ( i shall probably be iinundated with test buys) have a play you wont get any plants on the downside but on the good side you wont have to pay for them either  :D

Phil