Author Topic: Palustris' garden in WPG project  (Read 7132 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Palustris' garden in WPG project
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2009, 08:21:50 PM »
I'm sitting here agog. Ive just received another CD in the post from Eric.
Its in the computer and Ive had a look, totally in awe.

Just when I thought I'd seen all kinds of plants (LOL)
Two folders fiull of photos on the CD.
One contains photos taken at shows (WOW!!!!) and the other folder is called NewNamedFlowers (WOW! WOW!!)

What a treat!
The WPG project I did for Eric:
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/palustris/
is just about to just about double in size.
Hopefully I'll get a chance to work on the WPG next week. What a pleasure that is going to be!

Eric, your photography is fantastic. Thank you ever so much for sharing those photos. Believe me, they are very much appreciated.

Offline Palustris

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 09:09:51 PM »
Thanks. The annoying thing is that I have at least as many pictures still as have been sent, but without names! My own stupidity really, should name them when I take the shots. Another nice thing is that the Show season is coming up, and knowing that the picutres are useful I will take ones of everything rather than just the First prize ones and those which I would like to gorw myself. First show is Feb 7th. We are hoping the weather will be kind so we can go, eldest daughter and youngest live near the venue so we an added incentive to go. Watch this space eh?

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 10:37:09 PM »
paulustris you have a really fantastic site there and so many plants, on your intro page you say you have about 3/4 of an acre it must be one fantastic garden, we have about the same amount of land but at the moment its just grass for the 3 goats, rushes and horses hoof prints  ::), we moved in saturday before xmass 2007, last year we spent clearing brambles, cutting hedges back, fencing parts off and putting the decking up out back, will hopefully start on doing something this year my first job i would like to do is continue the drive infront of the cottage, digger play time  ;D, will have to take some pics and upload sometime
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 12:17:27 PM by roiphil »

Offline Palustris

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2009, 09:23:01 AM »
Thanks Phil. The garden is/was pretty full of plants, but not all the ones I have photographed have survived. 14 years ago this was a rubbish strewn, weed infested field. Very worthwhile keeping a photgraphic record of what you do, as you do it. We did not own a camera at first and then got a cheap one, so most of the early work is poorly graphically recorded, pity, but we did not have the money then.

NightHawk

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2009, 09:55:44 AM »
A wonderful garden indeed there Eric, magnificently portrayed on your WPG project.

I can see more easily now how you have so many photos you're able to send George.  Such an abundant amount of plants covering an enormous garden. 

I wish we had a garden as big.  Could spent hours and hours tending something like that.

As you know, our gardens are quite small in comparison, so we don't have as much work to do in them.  Still, Kathy has managed to achieve wonders in ours, and we both enjoy the show when the flowers are blooming.

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 04:29:29 PM »
Going WAY back to my posting on Jan 23rd 09
...received two folders full of photos on the CD. One contains photos taken at shows (WOW!!!!) and the other folder is called NewNamedFlowers (WOW! WOW!!)

Finally, Ive plodded through that NewNamedFlowers folder, and published the update today:
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/palustris/

282 plants have just grown to 416!

Lots of work to be done on the details about the plants.
All the plants listed , and the originals to the photos are in the Master Database.
I use the Master Database to generate my WPG projects.

Lots of questions for Eric, some in relation to the plants published, and some in relation to plant names I had problems with.   :-\ I'll send tyou a PM Eric.