Author Topic: Nice Garden  (Read 3082 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Nice Garden
« on: January 06, 2006, 11:26:01 PM »
Ive just had a look over the January 06 issue of Garden Answers, and seen a photo of a VERY nice garden.
Page 53
The article:
Garden Makeover
Dont be daunted - you too can achieve all this in a year.
Sussex reader Neil Robertson explains how he re-invented his newly acquired garden.

Now, that is MY type of garden. Absolutely stunning!

Anybody seen it?

Theres a before and after photo, and a list of the plants he used, so I'll edit this later with the plant list.

I drooled a bit, then read:
Neil Robertson is the marketing manager of Farplants, one of the country's leading suppliers of plants to garden centres.
That might explain the "instant" impact!
Nevertheless, all that in ONE year!

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
Re: Nice Garden
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 09:21:31 AM »

Son, you are a teaser you know: stunning and making you drooling! It sounds 'magnifique', but even in my time we tried to strengthen our opinion by use of the camera obscura. Don't you have such a scanning thing? Or shall I drag myself to the nearest town, Louvain, and go searching for that magazine at my own? Yes, yes, I know, I am an strong veteran and I will go admiring those photos, but don't complain when one of your members has come to his end in the line of duty.
By the way: could it be you are the marketing manager of 'Garden Answers'? That might explain the 'postponing' impact!
This all said: where are my coat, hat, gloves...?
Get a computer, they told me, and you don't have to leave your cosy room anymore. I should have known better after all these years! Where are my glasses??

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Nice Garden
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 10:19:18 AM »
Ha! Marketing Manager indeed!  ::)
 I'm a mere customer, well... an advertising customer. They send me a freee copy for advertising in their mag.

Now, wheres my scanner? Top shelf, boxed, unused for at least 10 months.

Enjoy the trip to Louvain  ;D