Photography > Questions

Adobe Photoshop CS3

<< < (2/4) > >>

bossgard:
Kathie and Laurie:
I now have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 installed on my computer - which looks like lots of fun to have serious play with. Two questions, should I download 'Essentials 2' which is supposed to be a 'perfect companion to Adobe Photoshop Elements' from Adobe? They offer a $20.00 savings on it. Also, Adobe offers book entitled 'Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 Classroom in a Book', should I purchase - $35.? Appreciate your help!
- Toby

NightHawk:
Hi Toby

Glad to see you've taken the plunge and got Photoshop Elements 6.  You'll have great fun playing with it.

I would not recommend spending more money on Essentials 2 at this time.  I don't have it and I can do great things with the features Elements 6 offers as standard.

As regards the book.  I would highly recommend "Photoshop Elements 6 - The Missing Manual".  I have this book and it goes through every feature of Elements in easy to follow steps.  It's written by Barbara Brundage, ISBN-10: 0596514441 / ISBN-13: 978-0596514440, from Pogue Press/O'Reilly.  I purchased mine through Amazon.co.uk.  You should be able to get yours through Amazon.com, for about $39.99.  An invaluable resource as a reference, and should be ideal for you as a beginner.  ;)  I love it.

Laurie.

Lynda A:
Hi Kathy & Laurie
Thank you for all the info. and also George about the new resizing tool - I will have a look at that in a moment.  Just wanted to say that I have ordered ' the missing manual' to go with 'Elements'  as I have one of the other books in the range and like you say they are very good.
I will try and get some pics resized and posted on the forum. Had to hire a digger at the weekend to move a couple of palm trees, fingers crossed they survive - so far so good.  Just planning to plant a Small lemon grove in a nother area.  Weeds here in Spain are a constant problem and the more soil you can cover up the better.  We are covering a nother bed today with weed suppresant ad then we cover that with pebbles. Will take a pic.
Thanks for the useful advice.

ideasguy:
Hold off on the resizer program, Lynda
Laurie has downloaded and tested, and has reported a problem, and I have identified the source. Please wait until I give the nod that its fixed  ;)

NightHawk:

--- Quote from: Lynda Spain on May 07, 2008, 10:40:34 AM ---Just wanted to say that I have ordered ' the missing manual' to go with 'Elements'  as I have one of the other books in the range and like you say they are very good.

--- End quote ---
I'm glad you took my advice.  I think this book is invaluable, no matter what your skill level is.  ;)

--- Quote from: Lynda Spain on May 07, 2008, 10:40:34 AM ---Had to hire a digger at the weekend to move a couple of palm trees.....

--- End quote ---
WOW!  I'm impressed.  :o  We really envy people who have large gardens.  You could probably fill ours with the digger alone (well, almost).  :(

Good luck with all that and we look forward to seeing some 'piccies.'

Kathy & Laurie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version