Author Topic: A community WPG project  (Read 2418 times)

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
A community WPG project
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »
I exchanged a few emails with Kathy and Laurie as they got up and running with the Web Page Generator (WPG) in GA032 in Ideas Genie Pro.

They are now ready to "Go" but feel they need more material before publishing.
Recalling that they were researching for plants for their garden, I suggested a special WPG project.

• Publish details of a garden area to be planted
  • Request suggestions from members ? plants, plant combinations etc
  • Request photos from members
  • Use the WPG to create a web project.
  • Publish the web project here:
    http://www.ideasforgardens.net

Kathy and Laurie took the initiative and have already published the details of a particlar garden area.
http://www.flowergenie.co.uk/ideas/forum/index.php?topic=543.msg2263;topicseen#msg2263

I'm delighted to note that JohnB and Greenfinger have already responded with suggestions, advice and photos.
In reply to the first postings, I'm impressed to note that Kathy has taken up the challenge in exactly the way I'd hoped ? she has began researching the plants.
That can be used in creating the Review of plants in the project.

So, it looks like "Project on", and I can already see that it will be beneficial to us all, since as plant lovers, we are always on the lookout for performance plants.

Heres the way forward:
If you'd like to contribute suggestions, please go right ahead and reply in the topic (see link above).
If you'd like to contribute photos to the project, please email them to me, and I will forward them to Kathy and Laurie.
Kathy and Laurie will use the WPG to build and publish the project.

Please note that Credits will be given for all photos contributed, and copyright of photos remains with the owner.

There's another aspect to this venture. I'd like to build the Kathy and Laurie project into the Master Database of Plants and Gardens, and updates can be made available to members.

If we can make a success of this, I'm sure we can extend it to many other projects and applications  ;)

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:39:07 PM by ideasguy »