Ideas Genie Pro > Whats new?

Build your Web Site with IG Pro

(1/3) > >>

ideasguy:
The Reviews Program -GA032 in IG Pro has been developed to allow the user to generate a set of web pages.
IG Pro users will be offered web space to "get on line".
You wont need any knowledge of HTML. The Genie will do all that for you at a click of a button.

Status as of 3rd April 07
Heres a preview of the first "output" - a set of photos I'm working on.
The photos were sent to me by André (Greenfinger) - photos of Camellias growing in the Leuven Botanical Garden - Belgium.

The initial attempt
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/andre/fram.HTM
Edited: 26th May 07: After some more work, it looks like this:
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/andre/andre

Please explore, and let me have your comments.

Things to note:
a) The Suppliers for this Plant link in Camellia japonica 'Lavinia Maggi'
b) The Gardens where this plant can be seen links in Camellia japonica 'Lavinia Maggi'

Ive done this set. You can easily do the next!

greenfinger:
Good evening, Wizz. It's obvious I am a humble apprentice. I looked at the website ....../fram.HTM and the Reviews Program - GA032. How you distill the first out of the second is a mistery to me. Can you show us the way to Enlightment, you great Sorcerer? ;D

ideasguy:
I havent released the new version of GA032 yet, Andre. When I do, there will be a new button on the initial screen to allow you to progress to a new set of screens where you can compose the data for the web pages.

Have no fear - All will be explained in due course  ;)

Ive done some more work to the set of web pages. Click the link above and have another look.

greenfinger:
Suppose I want to write such a text how should I proceed?
As you know I have the outline of a text.

ideasguy:
I had that text in mind, Andre.
You can write text about each plant (which I refer to as a Review - hence the program is called the Reviews program)

Heres the first few steps, and you can do this right now.
Start the the Review program GA032
Note there are 3 long buttons, or tabs. Plants, Add Selected Plants to Reviews and Reviews
Click Reviews
You'll see 3 check boxes, Gardener, Supplier and Other each with its own ww button.
Check Other
Click the ww button beside Other.
Click New, and continue to add a Reviewer called Web Projects (much the same as adding a Gardener)
Then click Add New Review.
As a suggestion, add a Review called Camellias at Leuven
Then return to the initial screen and use the Reviewer and Review Name pop-up to select your new Review.
Now click Plants tab and select a plant (you must add plants in the normal way to the database first of course)
Then click Add selected plants to review tab and click Add to this review.
Click Reviews tab, and you'll see the plant listed
Repeat to build up a list of plants in the Review.

When you click Reviews, you'll see a text region.
Thats where you type up your Review of that plant.
A review is the Reviewers appraisal of the plant, or anthing you wish to say about the plant.
In this case, that data in that text box will appear in the upper right region of the web page as Info

If you now have a look at the web pages (above) you'll see a link to an Intorduction Page.
I'm now working on the program to allow the user to do a write up for inclusion on that page.
You could do your history text there, or attach it to the individual plant.
How big is the write up? If its a full scale article, then we can place a link to it, from within the project.
In any case, do the article and let me have a look and we'll discuss the possibilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version