Author Topic: FG veg plot layout  (Read 3037 times)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
FG veg plot layout
« on: March 15, 2007, 10:43:05 AM »
been working on veg plot idea,

one database labeled vegetable patch added to my garden,
4 divisions labeled
plot 1 potatoes,
plot 2 peas and beans,
plot 3 Brassicas,
plot 4 roots

then all I do is to go to plot 1 add the plant and so on for the other plots, then next year should be able to shuffle the plants into the next plot down i.e. next year
plot 1 will be roots,
plot 2 potatoes,
plot 3 peas and beans,
plot 4 Brassicas and so on for each year , hope that all makes sense some people use a 5 year rotation so all you would do is to add another division plot 5.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: FG veg plot layout
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 10:59:17 AM »
I'm going to have a good think about that, Phil. I'd like to make FG handle veg plot rotations in a useful and simple way.
"Watch this space"  ;D

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 06:31:51 PM »
Hi Phil
I see you logged in to the forum from, time to time and I thought I'd better explain why theres been no progress on this item.
A litttle thing called Windows Vista came along, and Ive been very much engaged in making all my software comply with that new operating system. Its been the biggest single headache Ive had for a long time  :(

Good news is, I'm through that development cycle.

I'm currently working on importing Plant Lists (and lots of photos) from new customers into the Master Database, and in doing so, making some minor tweaks to IG Pro.

Come 15th Jan, I have scheduled a Bank Genie project to work on, in conjunction with Barry.

I'll be with you again as soon as time allows.
My intention is to release a new module which I had been working on - a garden planning program, and I could look at it from a Vegetable aspect in the next stage of development.
I'm afraid it may be a few months before I can allocate the time required to finalise that particular project.

Ive revived this thread for another purpose.
Isabell is also a Vegetable gardener, and I'm sure she will find this topic of interest.

Offline diegartenfrau

• The Musings Of A Transplanted Gardener
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:37:02 PM »
I sure am

Isabell

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 12:29:27 AM »
Thought so!

I was having great fun developing the Garden Planning program.
It was a bit crude, but it was practical! None of the flashy 3d stuff, but I could draw an outline of a garden bed, and drag, place and resize circlular objects (plants) in the bed. I got to the stage of linking the plants to IG, then had to move on to other projects.

I may play a bit more with it in my "spare time" LOL