Author Topic: Tina's Garden ll  (Read 2758 times)

Offline TinaW

Tina's Garden ll
« on: January 27, 2007, 06:25:45 PM »
The first photo is the view from our garden shed. On the left is a part of what I call my holding garden. If I dig something up that I can't find an immediate spot for elsewhere in the garden or for our garden club plant sale it goes here. We live on a shallow dug well and I have to water wisely during the summer. We can get periods of drought here so watering can be a challenge. In the distance toward my home is a dogwood that shall remain nameless.

The next photo is the walkway to the larger part of my holding garden. It used to be a vegetable garden that my husband tended but I've banned him from it until he retires and has time to take care of it. He isn't even 50 yet so I get to keep it a while longer. Over the arbor is a Lonicera a friend rooted for me. It smells wonderful. On top of the arbor my husband built is a grasshopper weathervane that gets buried in Lonicera every year and we have to rescue him each summer. I completely replanted the garden area to the left last year. Shown is Monarda 'Gardenview Scarlet' and Coreopsis 'Moonbeam'. On the right is a Campanula punctata & Hemerocallis 'Jason Salter'. Beyond is Salvia forskoahlei and a brilliant pink Phlox.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Tina's Garden ll
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 03:45:18 PM »
Oooooh - - Aaaaah
Heaven on earth!

I just love how you have sited that Campanula punctata, Tina! Its perfect!
Does it come back each year for you?

On the left is a part of what I call my holding garden. If I dig something up that I can't find an immediate spot for elsewhere in the garden or for our garden club plant sale it goes here.
That is a GREAT idea!
Ive lost SO many plants whcih I brought home, and couldnt decide where to plant. I will definitely follow your lead!

Offline Kew

• Kengar Sticks and Twigs
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 05:04:17 PM »
There's many an hour, nay!...Many a year gone into creating what I can see. Would you mind giving me just one of your green-fingers?

Offline TinaW

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 09:13:54 PM »
The Campanula has since been moved and has been replaced by Veronica 'Georgia Blue', one of my favorite plants. The reason I took the Campanula out is because it likes to run and get into all my other plants nearby. It's beautiful but I had to replant it where it could run free. Georgia Blue on the other hand is evergreen and blooms almost year around in my garden. It has one big flush of blooms then blooms off and on for months. It's also easy to divide and keep in bounds. I'm kind of a control freak that way. Plants can touch and mingle but they can't invade anothers roots or out they go.

And I wasn't born with a green thumb. I didn't start gardening until my mid to late 30's. It's something that evolved and I started out small. I'm turning 50 this year so I've been gardening less than 15 years. It's not about talent as much as interest.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 12:04:34 AM »
Photo number 2 is perfect for a project with the GA021 Web Gen Feature, Tina.
I'd love that detailed "guided tour" of the plants in that photo.

Your garden really is spectacular, and packed with absolutely gorgeous plants.