Flower Genie > Linking Photos in Flower Genie

Linking photo

<< < (2/3) > >>

ideasguy:

--- Quote from: Gene on January 19, 2007, 08:37:55 PM ---I try to print and get "invaled path or file name ....
Gene

--- End quote ---

Problem solved - Please download FG037-Version 23

It was a bug, caused by an omission when I added new code recently to allow me to ?encapsulate? images in the database, for security when distributing databases.

That?s why newer issues of Flower Genie were able to print, and Genes wasn?t.
With the fix y'all can link away and print away to your hearts content now. (love that y'all word!!)

Encapsulation is not required in normal use. Its an option to consider if you decide to SWAP your database with another member, or if you are a supplier and wish to distribute your Flower Genie database as a Catalog on CD to your customers.

Eric Hardy:
This is just experimenting. I understood that the maximum size should be 660 pixels maximum but this one is 1024 pixels.

It worked  ;D

Don't get too excited, Spring hasn't come early, this was taken in on April 4th three years ago.

I should add that this has come straight from Flickr copying and pasting the URL

Eric H

NightHawk:
It's a great photo Eric.  Good composition and nice and sharp.  10 out of 10 in my book. 8)

Although this larger photo works, the reason I mentioned in another post that it should be a maximum of 660 pixels wide for Forum photos, is that you get a scrollbar if it's larger than that.  There's nothing wrong with it Eric (apart from the larger kb size, which could be a problem for users with dial-up connections which makes for a longer time to load the photo) it's just really a personal thing to keep the viewing of photos user-friendly.  I prefer to see a photo in one area of the screen without having to scroll about to see it all.  I think at 660 pixels you can still get a large, good quality photo.

A good experiment, so which size do you personally prefer?

Laurie.

Eric Hardy:
Thanks for your kind remarks Laurie  :D

I really am happy with them smaller too, I was just playing around. Here it is at 500 pixels wide, which is quite adequate. I think your 660 pixels wide is a very good size but I have to re-size my pictures to do that, this way I can take them straight off Flickr

[

Eric H

NightHawk:
Yes Eric, that size works really well.

I really am impressed with your photographic skills, which displays your flowers in their finest possible detail.

Laurie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version