Author Topic: Bank Genie Updates Group 1,3,&9 of 27 April 2021 & Bank Genie Pro File of 5 May  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Oscar Romeo

I tried using the Check for Updates programme today but was confused because the usual procedure did not happen.  Instead the Bank Genie Web page opened up on the complete Programme Updates page instead of usual download page.

I note that updates in Groups 1, 3 & 9 were made available on 27 April 2021 and Bank Genie File Set was issued on 5 May 2021

Please tell me what am I doing wrong.

Thanks

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Mystified by that.
What version does the Check for updates program show (in the title bar of the program).
Were you unable to download the available updates?

Offline OscarRomeo

Thanks for 7th May reply, apologies for late response, a busy anniversary weekend!

Initially when trying to download Updates I see an information message "Failed to find download for: Group 1:.BS421 and others"

After a short wait the programme switches to online Bank Genie 6 Program Updates

I think the version of the Program Updates when I did see it was version 003.  Cant be sure of that though.

What do I need to do to get my program up-to-date again?

Thanks.

Offline OscarRomeo

After another while the "Checking for updates Prog. Version 3" displayed with this message

Bank Genie Pro 6 installation is up to date.  No updates required

I know I am not up-to-date though.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Under Help tab, start the program "About Bank Genie".

What date does Item 1 "File set Version"  indicate?

Offline OscarRomeo

1 File set version Issue Date = 12/10/2020

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Richard and I are attempting to resolve this issue at present.

Has anyone else had problems using the program Help>Check for updates?
Your comments here would be appreciated - successfully working for you I hope!

Offline OscarRomeo

Just to close this chapter I am so happy to report that George has tirelessly investigated the problem I was having; which was with not being able to run the "Check for Updates" programme in Help.   Eventually George twigged the problem was something to do with a conflict between Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge search engines.  He forwarded a link that explained how to solve the problem.  Which I am happy to say it did 100% successfully.

George thanks again you are a marvel.

Offline barryl

Just to say that I dont use either internet explorer or Microsoft Edge but firefox or chrome and I tested "check for updates" just now and it works fine (and shows 3 update groups)