Author Topic: Not sitting round  (Read 6376 times)

Offline Palustris

Re: Not sitting round
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2020, 01:13:26 PM »
We had intended edging the West window bed with round topped edgings, but the Lockdown meant that we could not buy them straight away. When we went in they had sold all the ones they had and could not get any more.
Fortunately as well as the paviors and the house bricks the neighbours were also throwing away some round topped edgings. I snaffled them too.

Still no end in sight for the paviors so another path edged.

Getting to the stage where we were looking for places to use them. This bench was waiting for pacing slabs to be put under it, but the paviors were just as good.

Offline Palustris

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2020, 02:56:14 PM »
Whilst digging the bottom of the Drive side border in the hope of being able to plant it up later with shade loving plants I found a lot of reasonable size stones.

So I used them to make a sort of rock garden next to the Summer House. This should be a fairly sunny place. I did build one there before. I dismantled it first and brought up the rocks from the Drive bed.

Beginning at the top.

And moving down the slight slope.

Down to the front.

And completed.

The spare stones I spread out alongside. If need be I can remove them and use them elsewhere. Now all it needs is a top dressing of small gravel and of course some plants.

Offline Palustris

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2020, 03:25:11 PM »
And a final use for the paviors.