Author Topic: Rejuvenating my ideasforgardens.com website  (Read 1901 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Rejuvenating my ideasforgardens.com website
« on: December 07, 2020, 08:54:22 PM »
My IdeasForGardens.com website has been badly neglected for a number of years now.

Worse still, many of the links to photographic garden projects I had published there were broken as the website was moved not just once but to two different servers.

Ive spent this past couple of weeks rebuilding the broken parts of the website and republishing the projects - i.e. photographic presentation of gardens.
The projects on the website are now mostly created using Ideas Genie Pro 6
Currently, the photographs are a) photos of my own garden b) photos I have taken of gardens here in Ireland c) photos of gardens I have visited in the UK while on holidays and d) photos contributed by users of our Ideas Genie Pro 6 software for Plants and Gardens.

I have a number of sets of photos sent by our members yet to publish, but I am working on that.
Looking ahead, I'd like to ask our members who love their gardens enough to take photos to contribute to this project.

I'm delighted to say that a number of our Bank Genie users have sent me photos of their gardens. Unusual in that very few of our Bank Genie members are plant loving gardeners of the species who buy Ideas Genie :D

Please visit the IdeasForGardens.com website and tell me what you think.
While on the site, click the links to Garden Photos and Gardens by Style.
If you have a garden, big or small, and are willing to contribute to the success of that website I'd very much welcome a set of photos. In that case, click the link: Contribute Photos on the website.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 08:58:15 PM by ideasguy »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Rejuvenating my ideasforgardens.com website
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »
Trying to add your projects Eric.

RE: August Garden Tour
Check for me please, visitors. Are you seeing photos when you click on this project using photos of Erics garden?
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/berghill/AGT/

Offline Palustris

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 08:30:45 PM »
Only the first two images show.
Don't forget that we no longer live there so those photos are a bit historical now.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 11:37:04 AM »
Yes, thought so on the photos working.

The websites have been moved to new servers with a new version of PHP and MySQL.
Problem is, the file system is case sensitive.
The first one was OK. I had to edit the file name (changing the case of some characters) on the server to make it work.
Don't fancy doing that for all the others.
Nightmare continues. This is the kind of thing I have been battling for months now.
It would be easier to redo the project in Ideas Genie Pro 6 (the latest version of
Ideas Genie).

Do you not want to preserve that historical record Eric?

Offline Palustris

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 12:02:44 PM »
If you think the images have any value then keep them  showing.
Do you want me to redo them ? Not sure I can remember how after all this time. You may have to remind me.
Feel free to use any of my photos of plants if you need them.