Author Topic: Hallo from Newcastle upon Tyne  (Read 2160 times)

Offline David Rae

Hallo from Newcastle upon Tyne
« on: April 12, 2020, 09:06:07 PM »
Hi all, I have newly purchased Bank Genie Pro previously for many years using Quicken 2000. Since I purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 I have been looking for a comparable program to keep my home accounts on and accidentally came across Bank Genie. I definitely made the correct choice and had the pleasure of chatting to George on the phone over the Easter weekend. He convinced me with his friendly and knowledgable manner that this was the program to go for, which I did. Unfortunately I have a problem where I cannot create an export file to transfer over from Quicken but I’ve started to input transactions manually from my starting point of my last bank statement and should be up to date in the next couple of days. It’s a good opportunity to get experience in the system and I’m finding the “help” boxes to be extremely useful. Hope this is the start of a long association with you guys. Best wishes and everyone keep safe

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Hallo from Newcastle upon Tyne
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 10:23:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum David

You've made amazing progress with Bank Genie Pro 6 already! Thank you for your very encouraging comments.

I spent some time on the phone with you attempting to get your copy of Quicken t export QIF files, but it "wouldn't play ball".
We tried exporting the Accounts list and Category list - when OK was clicked nothing happened and no file was produced. We tried saving the file to Flash drive and to hard disc.
We then tried to export to QIF the Transactions for one of your accounts. Same problem.
I found that you are very good with folders and files and from our conversation I'm sure you were following the steps correctly.
You also informed me that your Quicken had also failed to produce reports.
I wonder if any other Ex-Quicken users here can help?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:25:02 AM by ideasguy »

Offline barryl

Re: Hallo from Newcastle upon Tyne
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 10:14:52 AM »
Which version of Quicken is it?

I am George's Quicken expert (the features were added to enable me to transfer a mountain of data). if I can help I will.

It is possible that I may need to take from you a copy of your quicken data (and promise not to look at anything more than necessary to try the export feature)