Author Topic: New Menber  (Read 3042 times)

Offline gelton

• Greg
New Menber
« on: October 03, 2015, 02:47:37 AM »
Hi

My name is Greg Elton and live in the southern suburbs of Adelaide South Australia.

The climate is that of warm to hot dry summers (max up to 42C) and cool frost free winters. Winter is when we receive our rain.

I have just install Ideas Genie Pro 6 on my computer and after some kind and friendly help from George I have started entering data.

Looking forward to discovering more of the programs functionality.

Kind Regards
Greg

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: New Menber
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 11:29:45 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum Greg.

I enjoyed our Facetime session giving you a tutorial on Ideas Genie Pro 6.
I took you through some of the very new features which have been added to the very new Version 6 and was very pleased it all went so smoothly - what works perfectly on my computer does not necessarily run perfectly on other computers and I have to work closely with new users to iron out any problems.

Your gardening environment is very different from ours in the UK :)
The cool frost free winters would be nice ;D but I would wilt before my plants in those summer temps.
When adding a plant to your database in our session you selected a Eucalyptus. I'm looking forward to hearing more about what else you grow there.

(whisper) Rugby might not be a good subject today  ;D - World Cup crunch match between the hosts and your country and all that.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:33:25 AM by ideasguy »

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
Re: New Menber
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 09:11:20 AM »
And welcome from me too, Greg. We are just starting another day here so I guess yours must be coming to a close. we have two good friends in Australia, one is well north of Sydney, almost in New South Wales, and the other is near Perth. Australia is such a huge place that they are both miles from you with, I imagine, very different gardening conditions.

I should explain that there is another Eric on the Forum, but he calls himself Palustris. To avoid confusion I always sign myself off as Eric H.