Author Topic: Treated my self to a tablet  (Read 5478 times)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
Treated my self to a tablet
« on: August 26, 2013, 02:30:08 PM »
Bought this one today http://www.androidtablet.ie/atabplus.html after searching around looking for  good deal i decided on this one mainly due to the screen size, dual cameras, plus it is made in ireland  ;) i am always wary about buying electronic items as unseen from a website but being irish based and ont 60 odd miles away any problems i can easily call them or go see them, plus i am contributing to the smaller business which is a feel good factor  ;)

Androidtablet.ie is an Irish company, based in Cork City, selling our own brand of Android tablet known as the Atab. The Atab is a high quality Android tablet, and an excellent alternative to some of the leading tablets on the market; but without the high price.

Most people who use tablets want to just browse the net, play games, watch movies, download apps, read ebooks and listen to music; and the Atab is ideal for this. With the Atab, you don’t need to spend 400-500 euros on a tablet, as our tablets start at just 159 Euros, and come with a 12 month warranty.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Treated my self to a tablet
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 03:42:42 PM »
Hope the tablet does the trick - get well soon Phil ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, that's a good price! Post again when you get it and have got familiar with it.
No Facetime but if you Google you'll find alternatives.
Do other members of your family have androids?

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:48:46 PM by ideasguy »

NightHawk

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 04:42:08 PM »
Welcome to the 'Tablet' community Phil  :D

I'm sure you'll soon find your way around it, and be a pro in no time  ;)

As George says, let us know how you get on.

I didn't know you weren't feeling well, so best wishes and a speedy recovery.

P.S. Your Profile piccy on your postings isn't showing up for some reason Phil.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 05:09:19 PM »
I didn't know you weren't feeling well, so best wishes and a speedy recovery.
Sorry, that was my silly joke about the need for a tablet :D

Offline roiphil

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 07:59:33 PM »
yes George it wont be the first time I got that I said to the wife I may get a tablet and she said got headache  ;D  ::) my phone is android being a Vodafone smart chat, I should be ok with Skype on it as the son has Skype on his tablet in Australia, yes know about my profile pic tried to redo it again sometime ago and no success I need to look into it more, will keep you all informed, is BG or IG compatible with tablets

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 09:13:56 PM »
That is the main consideration in the decision making Phil - make sure you are compatible with other members of the family :)

Bank Genie and Ideas Genie need Windows Operating System.

NightHawk

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 11:06:50 PM »
Sorry, that was my silly joke about the need for a tablet :D
You really got me there - I didn't see that one coming  :-[

Offline roiphil

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 11:03:30 AM »
ok since i got my tablet i feel a lot better  ;)  ;D seriously though it is a very nice tablet it is android the same as some phones like my vodaphone smart chat its browser is Google chrome which is nice and it is all linked to gmail and so forth, it can also receive emails from my main eircom email account or my website email address on its own email,

there are lots of apps you can download for free on it i have installed skype, it has 2 cameras 1 front 1 rear which take good quality pics, i can upload pics directly to facebook or email them, battery life is about 5 hours, you tube music is really clear on it, to go on face book you dont need to be on a webbrowser as there is an app which takes away the browser and still connects to facebook,

i even found dropbox app for it, i have yet to find a internet security app or something i may have to download one of the free android compatible versions of something

in all i reckon it was a good buy

NightHawk

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 01:48:31 PM »
I'm pleased to hear you're happy with your Tablet Phil.

I have an Apple iPad with retina display.  They are such versatile pieces of kit, and I'm quite sure you'll have great fun searching through the 'app' store to fill up your Tablet with all sorts of goodies  ;)