Author Topic: Ditching BankTree  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Aprilia

Ditching BankTree
« on: February 04, 2014, 06:44:26 PM »
I had Quicken for ages until they lost interest in Europe and then hunted around, finding BankTree.  Basic but did what I needed until had computer glitch and the experts lost the programme.  I tried to return to v.2.0 but every time I was asked to register they wanted me to go to v.3.0.  Asked many times what is the difference and never had a reply to that question.  Their support was simply a few words and sending standard notes which did not help.  And those words written in a very patronising manner. 

After a quick search I came to Bank Genie which was downloaded today and bank and card information set up and input.  As I live abroad with bank accounts in different countries I need at least dual currencies and have found this feature very straightforward.  I like the formats and general presentation.  So a computer glitch has done me a favour or I would never have found George.  And what a difference in support service!

Offline barryl

Re: Ditching BankTree
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:06:43 PM »
I may be biased as I helped develop the current version of Bank Genie but George's service is second to none  ::)

I too moved from Quicken and the import features were designed ot assist that process.

Glad I did not try Banki Tree tho I did try (and discard) several others >:().