Author Topic: Augist invitation to View (2013)  (Read 3376 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: August invitation to View (2013)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 11:37:57 PM »
I accepted your invitation and had a wander around Eric (by slideshow).
You've gone to a lot of trouble to pull all that together - I'd like you to know its very much appreciated.
Your garden is magnificent, and it is stocked with a wealth of interesting plants e.g. your collection of Hemerocallis is very impressive and I can see some beautiful specimens of Phlox.

You garden is looking very tidy and well cared for. You must spend a lot of time out there!
Keep up the good work Eric.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:58:11 PM by ideasguy »

Offline trishs

• PhyzzEzee blog
Re: Augist invitation to View (2013)
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 01:26:35 AM »
That's a lot of garden for one man and a cat to manage!  I enjoyed the slideshow. Lovely garden, interesting range of plants and trees. The white-berried Sorbus is pretty.  Your Eucomis are much further on than mine, and your ponds are lovely.  Ours is terribly in need of attention this autumn.   I am envious of your Eupatorium in such full bloom.  I used to have one many years ago but I don't really have anywhere reliably damp enough and suitable locations are too far away from the house to keep up to regular watering for such a large plant.  I think I noticed a pink Spiraea?  Mine didn't even mange to get from bud into bloom this year, with the dry weather, mildew got it :(  I have a few day lilies and crocosmia out too, although I grow the latter in pots which I overwinter in the greenhouse as I lost a lot a couple of years ago.

Offline Palustris

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 12:59:13 PM »
The other cat helps,sometimes as well. Then of course there is my wife. We have a good working partnership, she does the work and I take the credit! Works for me  ;D

Offline trishs

• PhyzzEzee blog
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 12:06:39 AM »
It's the other way round in our household nowadays.  I make the plans and write the lists then Rog does three jobs from his own list which isn't even written down before doing one from the 'official' list  ;D

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 09:30:04 AM »
I write my own list and usually do three other jobs before getting to the "official" list ;D - such is gardening.

Offline trishs

• PhyzzEzee blog
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 11:20:56 AM »
I write my own list and usually do three other jobs before getting to the "official" list ;D - such is gardening.

This is indeed true.  But I always then still write them on anyway just so I can have the pleasure of crossing them off.