Author Topic: New Wide Columns checkbox  (Read 4414 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
New Wide Columns checkbox
« on: May 23, 2013, 03:12:09 PM »
Recently, I made a change to Manage Transactions screen BS421S01 adding a new No of Splits (in a transaction) column and widening the Category column from 20 characters to 33 characters, so that Category and Sub Category details were displayed.

This change required the user to drag and widen the screen so that the Running Balance and the C columns could be displayed.
Some users may have been unable to do this due to their screen resolution, monitor type or their preferred Font Size (if large) .

Ive now added a new checkbox which allows the user to choose between the old original width and the new wider columns.
Here's a screenshot:
http://www.bankgenie.net/UserGuide/421/bs421s01-14-WideColums.gif

The program update is included in this latest Program Updates Group:-
http://www.bankgenie.net/support/Program-Updates-Group1/program-updates-group1.html
The download links are in columns 1 (BGPro) and 3 (for BG4).

NOTES:The default is Wide Columns CHECKED.
If you change the setting, that setting will persist for the duration of the session.
You can use other programs and return to Transaction Analyser and the last setting will apply.

I will add this to Preferences in the next version of Bank Genie so your preferred setting will be saved for next session.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 03:28:59 PM by ideasguy »

Offline ContraOboe

Re: New Wide Columns checkbox
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 07:03:41 PM »
All installed and working George.

Did you recall I mentioned that the FONT button does not change font if one changes the font in BS421?

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:39:11 PM »
Pleased the updates are now working for you Colin.
As for fonts, lets not confuse things by discussing in this topic. There is a misunderstanding as we agreed on the phone, but the fonts are applied correctly (e.g. to BS421S01) when the options are selected and applied. I will do some more work to it to attempt to eliminate that misunderstanding.

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 08:44:02 PM »
wide columns all updated on laptop, another nice touch, no need to abbreviate so much now  ;D

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 11:23:01 AM »
Thanks Phil.
Colin - I've made an amendment to screen BS100S05 (where you pick a special Font for those multi column transaction screens in Bank Genie). Its minor, and will be in the next set of updates.