Author Topic: Investments  (Read 3285 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Investments
« on: April 09, 2013, 10:38:21 PM »
I'm now working on Investments in Bank Genie Pro 5 8)
So far, so good :)

Barry, Eric (UK) and Mike (NZ) have extracted QIF investment account files and sent them to me as email attachments.
These are proving very useful.
I've been trawling through email communications with other Bank Genie Pro users who are waiting for the Investments module, looking for further attachments.  Please send me a reminder if you have sent me files recently.

I've written the import program and am testing it using these files.
The good thing about that is I have already encountered one unusual occurrence in Mike's data which is not as I would have expected, based on the standard QIF specifications for Investment type data which I am working to.
Once the program encounters it, I can make the program deal with it.

Its a big ask, but if any of our members can provide QIF Investment files exported from either Quicken or MS Money, they will be very much appreciated!

The data will be treated with confidentiality, of course.
I will use the data for test purposes and develop the import program to deal with all data available.
Any questions arising will be dealt with by email, not on the forum.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:52:14 PM by ideasguy »

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
Re: Investments
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 11:36:02 PM »
Nice one unfortunately i dont invest in banks stocks shares etc i like to see my money as a item i invest in old books, land and growing products xmas trees (growth investment  :D;D and so far i am in debt to them  :'( plus i have my couple of old cars for restoring, the hardest part is sneaking parts past the wife for the cars, will i ever sell the cars i dont think so they are more for the kids than anything else, will i buy more bound too its addictive would love an e type  8)