Author Topic: Importing downloaded Paypal statements  (Read 2632 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Importing downloaded Paypal statements
« on: February 14, 2013, 11:50:15 PM »
Ive made an amendment to the program Import from online downloads-BS412 to allow statements downloaded from a Paypal account to be imported to a Bank Account in Bank Genie.
It was the most challenging import procedure to date!

A Paypal statement can be likened to a normal Bank Account. The objective is to match the Account details in Paypal to the account you create for the imported data in Bank Genie. In particular, the running totals and closing balances must be identical. Since you have to add funds and withdraw funds from the Paypal account, Transfer transactions will also be created by the import program.

Problem is, there are many more transaction types in a Paypal account.
Ive developed the import program to deal with the transaction types Ive encountered in my own business Paypal account.
I'm sure there are more transaction types, but hopefully this posting will encourage our members to give their feedback if they discover new transaction types in their downloaded files.

First, you'll need to download the latest Program Versions. Go to the Product support Program Updates website:
http://www.bankgenie.net/support/Updates/updates.html
Download:-
1) the program BS412.
When installed it should indicate Version 17 or higher

2) You also need to download the latest Fileset. Note the special instructions on the Program Updates page.

3) You should also download the latest version of BS421
When installed it should indicate Version 42 or higher

4) Bank Genie 4 users (not Bank Genie Pro users)
Ive made a change to the Preferences program BS497. Please download and install that new program update.

Here's the new User Guide page on importing from Paypal:
http://www.bankgenie.net/UserGuide/412/412S03/412s03.html
The known transaction types are listed in a table on that page.

The import program will gather unknown transaction types into a TrType= Z.
Please let me know if you find any Z transaction types

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:07:33 PM by ideasguy »