Gardens open to the Public > Good gardens to visit (USA)

Point Defiance Gardens, Tacoma WA, USA

(1/6) > >>

bossgard:

For Point Defiance Park Garden information
click on this link, scroll to the garden of interest:
http://www.metroparkstacoma.org/garden-clubs-chip-in/

These photos were taken On June 20, 2009, and feature the

ROSE GARDEN

This focal point of Point Defiance Park has more than an acre of rose gardens, the oldest of which was established in 1895. The site includes a garden of miniature roses, arbors of climbing roses, a picturesque wishing well and quaint gazebos. From June through September more than 1,500 rose bushes provide a rainbow of colors including many variegated combinations. The garden is accredited by the American Rose Society as an All American Rose selection display garden.

bossgard:

This was such a welcoming entrance arbor for us to start our tour of the Rose Garden at Point Defiance Park in Tacoma, WA USA. The roses were in full bloom, as you can see!

ideasguy:
This is a very interesting garden Toby, and your photos are excellent!
Many thanks and after a peep through the gates and the arbor I'm looking forward to your guided tour!

bossgard:

I don’t know if I can give the Forum a very good guided tour of Point Defiance Gardens, but I will do the best I have to offer. I have an old printed folder that was used marking Point Defiance Park’s Centennial observation – 1905 to 2005. This map of the Gardens (at that time) was part of it. I have not had any luck trying to find it reproduced online.

I have scanned my copy; I hope you can read it.  So, let’s try it:

bossgard:

Here's the next picture in my folder of the Point Defiance Rose Garden.

I hope everyone enjoys!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version