Author Topic: Hall Farm Nursery, Harpswell, near Gainsborough  (Read 6935 times)

Offline Trevor Ellis

Hall Farm Nursery, Harpswell, near Gainsborough
« on: July 15, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »
Specializes in old roses & David Austen roses. Also has a good range of other plants all arranged alphabetically in the sales area. They have a lovely garden of about an acre which visitors are welcome to walk around. There is no charge. In September they have a 'seed day' or two when for a small charge (£1 last time I went) your are supplied with small envelopes and can take whatever seeds you like direct from the plants in the garden. They try their best to label as many plants as possible. The owners/staff are very friendly and helpful.
Their catalogue is on the web: www.hall-farm.co.uk

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Hall Farm Nursery, Harpswell, near Gainsborough
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 12:42:05 AM »
Ive visited the website, and I really DO like those borders, Trevor. Beautiful. Thanks for telling us about that one.
Did you take any photos when you were there?

Offline Trevor Ellis

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 08:20:34 AM »
Hi George,

I did take a few shots about three years ago but don't have them any longer. I've been hoping to get out there again since it's a year or more since my last visit. unfortunately they don't open at weekends now - just on weekdays. I'm currently waiting for a dry day too! June is the best month of all to visit there perhaps since they have so many roses (some great rose-covered tunnels) but there's plenty of other stuff to see as well so it's worth a visit any time for those of us who live within reasonable travelling distance. You'll have no doubt since you've seen the catalogue that their prices are extremely good too. If I get any shots from there I'll send them on.
Regards,

Trevor

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 08:32:41 AM »
Nice to hear from you Trevor!
It looks like that Nursery is a good day out for a gardener ;)
I hope that dry day comes along soon so you get a chance to visit. Mind you, on a nice pleasant dry day, you might get lured to the garden ::)