Photography > Questions

How Should I Organize My Photos For Forum Posting?

<< < (3/3)

bossgard:
There is another method of organizing your plant photos, if you have done your homework and have linked your photo to the correct plant.

In screen GA004, if you’ve completed the ‘ww’ segment you should have a path to follow for sorting, linking, and organizing your photos. In this example I’m working with a Tuberous Begonia photo that might have been APPLIED as follows:

In GA004 (ww):
In the GARDENER area you might have placed this: BEGONIA PATCH.
In the GARDEN AREA perhaps this: PETTICOAT JUNCTION.
In the GENUS area is TUBEROUS BEGONIA.
In the PLANT PROFILE area is ('Roseform, White #375' Mcl’)
And then the IMAGE description: 100_120 JPG 12/24/2011 as when you were linking or looking at your photos.

So the path for the sorting and/or organizing procedure reads something like this: GARDENER/GARDEN AREA/GENUS/PROFILE/IMAGE (5 different topics or headings to organize with).

IdeasGenie PRO has already figured the organizing of your plant photo(s) for you! It works for me!

If you are going to post any of your plants to the FORUM then a resizing procedure will be necessary, which will add several more steps if that is your goal. I can give those steps as I do it, too, if you want additional ideas. Otherwise, Laurie has posted that procedure earlier in this same Topic.

- Toby

ideasguy:
Glad you've found a method that works for you Toby!

I like to think of Ideas Genie (and Flower Genie) as allowing you to index your photos.
You can organise them in a multitude of ways, to whatever way works best for you.

As far as Ideas Genie goes, it really doesn't matter where they are actually located. The Ideas Genie linking system provides the index (like a pointer) to the actual folder locations where the files are stored.

Thus, it doesn't matter if a folder contains a mixture of photo subjects (mine invariably do).
The indexing by Ideas Genie makes it unnecessary to move files around into pigeon holes on your computer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version