Author Topic: Flash Messages  (Read 2836 times)

Offline denis1642

Flash Messages
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:20:55 PM »
Hi, As a new user to BG having previously used GSP Money Matters which will not run on my Windows 7, 64 Bit machine I had to make an adjusting Debit entry to delete a Credit Balance which should not have been there.  As I concluded, a message flashed up for about 2 milli-seconds which I could not read. Could the messages be left on screen longer ?

Denis1642

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Flash Messages
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 07:27:54 PM »
Hi Denis

Nice to see you visiting and making your first posting :)

Messages can be a) set to a timed amount or b) set so the user has to click a button to close (usually a button with the caption= OK)
When its vital, I use b).
When its e.g. a confirmation mesage I may use a). I usually set the time to be brief otherwise it can be a nuisance if coming up frequently.
From the info you have given, I'm not sure which message you are referring to.
Keep an eye out for it occurring again and see if you can catch what it says. The screen number would also be very useful, and which button you clicked to make the changes/deletion.

I wonder if other members have any comments on this subject?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:29:30 PM by ideasguy »

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
Re: Flash Messages
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:21:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum Denis. Just a thought, as you are new to this, did you know that help messages come up if you hover the mouse over different parts of the screen? They just flash up then disappear when the pointer moves over them. If you wish to read them you just hold the pointer still. Maybe you just brought up one of these and because you were moving the mouse it vanished again before you could read it. If you already knew this, please forgive me for telling you the obvious.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:23:40 AM by Eric Hardy »