Author Topic: Hi, new Bank Genie Pro user here!  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Roger

Hi, new Bank Genie Pro user here!
« on: April 27, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »
I've been a Quicken user for more years than I care to remember and my current version, Quicken Deluxe 98, will not easily run under Windows 7 so with a new PC imminent here I am!  I've successfully downloaded 13 years of records to BGP (although tidying up afterwards was a little time consuming) and now I'm running the two programmes side by side until I get my new machine - so far so good.
I'm looking forward to following and contributing to this forum as well as keeping my finances under control the BGP way.

NightHawk

Re: Hi, new Bank Genie Pro user here!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Roger.

It's always a pleasure for me to greet new members.

I'm sure George will be pleased to hear that you are enjoying his Bank Genie software and are another Quicken convert  ;)

If you have questions about any of George's software then this is the place to be, and we welcome input on all sorts of topics here.

Enjoy your stay with us  :)

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 07:04:03 PM »
You are very welcome indeed Roger. Ive managed to "encourage" a number of Bank Genie users to register recently, and the next stage will be to get some BG related topics going on the forum.
Thank you for making a start!

I'm delighted to read the content of your posting. Very encouraging indeed (makes the effort worthwhile).

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 10:29:41 AM »
Welcome, Roger. I too had been using Quicken for years (and years  :)) but have now abandoned it entirely for Bank Genie Pro 4. I used to use Quicken to track my investments, but with everything these days being accessible on line, I abandoned that too. A very important bonus is that you have wonderful personal help with George to answer questions. I started using Bank Genie 4 on the 6th April 2011 and now have a full year's records to use with my tax returns. (I find the P & L report very useful for that.)

All the best

Eric

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 10:49:25 AM »
Roger, a point of clarification. You may be wondering how I could have been using Bank Genie Pro 4 for over a year now (long before its official release). Well, George asked whether I would like to be a guinea pig, a task I willingly accepted. This has enabled me to get very familiar with the programme.

Eric