Author Topic: A cheerful sight  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Jacquiht

A cheerful sight
« on: March 04, 2012, 12:52:52 PM »
Such a beautiful morning, despite the winds, and to my delight I found these Camellias greeting me!

Offline Palustris

Re: A cheerful sight
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 01:29:11 PM »
Beautiful.

NightHawk

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 01:32:37 PM »
You're having nicer weather than we are at the moment Jacqui.  Rain started here at about 4am this morning and we've had torrential downpours ever since.

It's not stopped at all yet.  And we've got the winds too.

No strolling around our garden today  :(

Our Camellias are still blooming nicely though, as yours are but we're admiring ours through the windows  :D

Laurie.

Offline Jacquiht

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 01:37:05 PM »
I think we had the downpour in the night and it has now passed on up to you - ooops sorry!!! ::)

NightHawk

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 01:38:42 PM »
I suppose the gardens will benefit from it, just as long as it knows when to stop  ;)

Laurie.

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 02:27:22 PM »
How lovely, Jacqui. I think it is milder in the west than here. (Snowing here at the moment as I noted in another post).
Cornwall is one of our favourite places and we try to get there as often as we can. Last summer was the first year we missed going after visiting the previous twenty consecutive years.

Eric H.

Offline Jacquiht

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 05:03:32 PM »
Hello Eric, yes we are enjoying, at the moment, very spring-like weather with temperatures of around 10 degrees as an average.  The fields around here are full of daffodils - a beautiful sight.  It is a very beautiful part of the country and we have been here six years in two weeks time and loved every moment.  Should have moved years ago!!  Instead of having our holidays in the summer months, we now take off in November or January and enjoy our summers here.  Looking forward to a good summer.