Author Topic: An Introduction  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Jenna

An Introduction
« on: September 20, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »
 Hi

I am Jenna and am new to the forum.  New to gardening in fact, but learning fast from mistakes!!!  I am very much looking forward to picking more experienced brains  :)

Jxox

NightHawk

Re: An Introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Jenna.

It's always a pleasure to greet new members.

It doesn't matter what level of gardening expertise you have achieved here, whether novice or expert, contributions are very much appreciated.

George and I are always trying to find new ways to keep the Forum activity as high as possible, so member participation is of the utmost importance, and is strenuously encouraged.

We have set up various categories on the Forum, to cater for subjects other than purely gardening, that focus on members' other interests - Computing and Photography to name two of the most popular ones.

So feel free to be as active as you can and help to make your stay with us as pleasurable as possible.

When you get time you could post in this thread again and give us a rundown as to where in the world you are, and what aspect of gardening you are most interested in.  For example, vegetables, alpine plants or just flowers in general.

We look forward to hearing from you again soon  ;)

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »
Glad you've made it here Jenna.

I'll better explain to the members :)
Jenna is a very good friend of my daughter Tara. They shared a house when at Queens University, Belfast.
Jenna now lives in bonny Scotland and phones Tara regularly. Tara tells me she has taken up gardening since moving up North and is absolutely full of the joys, recanting things like her first encounters with slugs and snails and has her in stitches telling how she deals with them. I wonder if it will get to Tara, Jenna? I keep telling her its in her genes (mind you , I do wonder :D)

Looking forward to hearing more about gardening in Scotland Jenna!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:14:53 PM by ideasguy »

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 04:02:55 PM »
And welcome from me too Jenna. George has kindly given some background so we now know the connection. I have learned a lot since joining the forum and I am sure you will too.

EricH (the H distinguishes me from another Eric - Palustris- who is very knowledgeable indeed).