Author Topic: Emailing lists of plants  (Read 2904 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Emailing lists of plants
« on: December 15, 2006, 10:59:23 AM »
Heres a new feature I'm thinking of adding, to both IG Pro and Flower Genie.

In GA037 (IG Pro) or FG037 (FG) you have a button SEND by email
Please use it to send me a plant as a test. It will give you a better idea what this message is about.
The recipient saves the attachment (a photo, or photos), and runs a special program Get plants by email to import the plant into their own database on disk. During the process, you locate the photo(s) (the one you saved from the email) on your computer.
At a click of a button, the plant is added to the database, and the photo is automatically linked.

New feature?
To send a LIST of one or more plants.
Using GA037 or FG037, select a garden area, or create a garden area e.g. call it SEND plants by email.
Add the plants you wish to SEND to the garden area.
You will be able to edit the content before sending e.g. Plant data
Click a (new-to be added) SEND button

The program will create a database file, and attach it to an outgoing email in whatever email client you use (Outlook, Outlook Express etc) You send the email.

To receive a list of plants
Save the attachment
Run a NEW program which I will provide
View the list of plants
Compare with the contents of your own database.
Compare things like, Plant data, Height, spread, flowering time, colour etc etc.
There will be an update facility to allow you to update YOUR database from the LIST (if the plant exists in your database)
There will be an option to ADD the plant to your database if it doesnt already exist.
etc, etc

There are MANY applications here.

SWAP lists with other members on the forum. A great way to share information, experiences
Make WEB pages for publishing on the internet
etc

From my point of view, the informations would be invaluable for accumulating data for the master database.

Comments please

« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 10:38:31 AM by ideasguy »