Author Topic: Our plant genus slide show updates.  (Read 3808 times)

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Our plant genus slide show updates.
« on: January 01, 2011, 10:38:32 PM »
I have had a bit of free time over the Christmas period and have been able to add many more of the genus of plants we have in the garden to our Genus slide show. I have played with the design as well.

Could you please report back if the slide show works ok on your various browsers. And how you get on with navigating the slide shows.
In internet explorer, if you press F11 it helps enlarge the page. Does that also work in your browsers

If anyone spots any mistakes in the naming of the plants  :o or spelling mistakes  :o please let me know, I am only human  ;D

Here is the link     http://www.lynandmalc.co.uk/genus/index.html

Malcolm

NightHawk

Re: Our plant genus slide show updates.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 11:06:24 PM »
I've had a brief look at your slideshow Malcolm viewing random sets with both IE8 and Firefox 3.6.13.

Everything seemed to display okay on both browsers.  Will look in more detail another time, only able to give you a quick result for now.

Great sets of photos (as usual  ;) ).

As for spelling... I'm okay for normal everyday words, but not an expert on the botanical ones.  Some of the more botanically inclined members will have to help on that one.  :D

Laurie.

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 11:18:37 PM »

Thanks for that Laurie

I am neither an expert on every day woords ;D or Botanical ones. It gets worse with age  ::)

Malcolm

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 11:52:03 AM »
Check you names against the Master Database, Malcolm.
The majority of the plants are verified against the RHS Plant Finder

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 03:23:04 PM »
I have been viewing the slide shows on my Sony screen, Malcolm, and seen at full screen it works beautifully with the black background. Plants types and knowledge of name spellings is not my forte so no input on that, sorry  :-[. I enjoyed looking through them very much.  I use FireFox as my browser. F11 does not work with my keyboard, I have other functions allocated to the F keys but all I do is click on "view/full screen".

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »
looks very good IE8 no problems to report, could not see any obvious spelling mistakes, but i will take a longer look through late, like the full screen bit  ;)
Phil