Author Topic: March gardens. (Winter scorched grass in the UK is at last turning green!)  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Four Seasons

• www.fourseasonsgarden.co.uk
What a difference 10 days of warmer weather makes! Two weeks ago the lawns in the midlands were scorched grey by more than 60 frosts this winter and there was not a daffodil flower in sight. Now as we approach the end of March,  our lawn is much greener and many daffodils are in flower. This photo was taken in our upper garden today (25th March)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 07:52:50 PM by Four Seasons »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Winter scorched grass in the UK is at last turning green!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 03:26:47 PM »
Wow!! I really do like that.
Very nice photo and a lovely vista. The daffodils make all the difference, dont they.

I'm very impressed in how you have kept your plants in such neat trim. I think you can teach me a thing or two about pruning, and topiary!
The shaped plants are pleasing to the eye - youve done a great job!

I have a few box isolated box plants dotted around the garden and plan to shape them - if I can decide what shape to apply!
They were left overs from the plants I used for my box hedges I planted to divide up the garden - all grown from the same batch of cuttings - years ago  ::)

One idea - to shape one into a Genie!

Funny enough, my grass looks quite green, but I'm no expert like you, Malcolm, Eric etc. This year I plan to apply weed and feed, to get rid of moss patches and dandylions.

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
Certainly is a lovely looking garden for this time of year, our grass is starting to recover and get some green on it in places, but we were invaded by horses which did not help in one way by eating the grass right down to the ground but on the other hand it means that the first cut wont be such hard work as the grass wont be as long

Offline Four Seasons

• www.fourseasonsgarden.co.uk
However, with all that horse manure and those warmer temperatures, the grass is going to grow very fast in April!

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
However, with all that horse manure and those warmer temperatures, the grass is going to grow very fast in April!
it will, when it was frozen the dog kept on bringing home frozen horse treats  ;D  ::)