Author Topic: Suggestions for possible additions to Igpro in future releases  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Just thought I would throw in a couple of suggestions that could be added to the programme if you think they woud be worthwhile.

I guess the suggestions would not be used by everyone, so you may deem them unsuitable.

Also you may already have covered these, and I have missed out how to accomplish them.  8)

1.   I wanted to print out a list of plants we have for sale, all plants which we have growing in the garden, so the details are all there on the database.

It would be nice to be able to mark plants from the database, to end up on a printed  list. After the list is printed, click a button to unmark all marked plants.  ::)

This marking of plants could have many more uses, for instance when I go round in Spring checking the plants are stiil alive, any not showing at that time could be marked on the database. A list could be printed by garden area, so subsequent inspection of the plants to see if they have come through, would be made easier. As a matter of interest, our garden is broken down into 19 garden areas.

2. In GA32S01  An extra "Radio" button to show plants not in a review. Handy when dealing with a large plant database.

3. In GA32S01  The ability to display a list of plants with no photos in a chosen Garden Area.

Malcolm
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 10:04:52 PM by Lyn and Malcolm »

Offline bossgard

Re: Suggestions for possible additions to Igpro in future releases
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:00:29 PM »
Malcolm:

I think the procedure you want to use, is the same that George helped me with when I wanted to separate and print a list of my vegetables by various Family names.

I don?t how to direct you to his instructions on the Forum, but it is under the topic ?Working With A Specimen Name?, my posting date was February 15, 2010.

You create a new Gardener Name, and then call the ?Bed? you create ?Plants For Sale?. And then put those particular plants into that bed, and print it out under Reports GA034S01.

If you can find that particular posting, see if that procedure will work for you. It worked great for me to accomplish my lists.

- Toby

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 11:02:22 PM »
If it makes life easier for you, its bound to help others Malcolm.
Ive had a quick look and there are some "close to" features but obviously non exactly as per your suggestion.
I'll have a look at those when I next review IG Pro- but its looking like 3rd quarter at best.
Is that OK for you?

Ive been flat out developing all winter as you know. I had hoped to get IG pro upgraded to BG4 standards, but projects took longer than expected.

Tobys suggestion will work, but may be a bit tedious for 1000+ plants.

Another suggestion (also tedious,perhaps)
Make a Backup. Use the backup as a new database.
Open it using GA026
Create a new Garden Area called Alive
Move all the plants you find are responding to your roll call ( :)) into the Alive bed.
Whats left are unaccounted for, and can be printed off.
There are many options in that solution, of course.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 11:09:09 PM by ideasguy »

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 01:34:53 PM »

Thanks Toby and George

George wrote

"I'll have a look at those when I next review IG Pro- but its looking like 3rd quarter at best.
Is that OK for you?"

No problem George, thats why I titled this thread "Suggestions for possible additions to Igpro in future releases"  ;D

I hope you are keeping notes of all the suggestions by members of the forum.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Malcolm

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 08:21:21 PM »
seeing as we are making a list for 3rd quarter i have a suggestion or 4 ;D
In GA100S23 specimen profiles is it possible to add more date/info boxes at the bottom as you know i grow plants to sell etc, and i am starting a xmas tree production and i would like to be able to use IGPro to record tasks events etc and duplicate same task when nessecary each year so i dont have to keep on typing it in all the time

my suggestions are (probably wont be to every ones ideal but here they are)
1, Stratified and a date entry
2, Seed Sown Date - already present
3, Transplanted - and a date entry
4, Planted Date - already present
5, Perished Date - already present
6, Perished Quantity - number plants died
7, Number sold - self explanatory

So really just 4 more boxes the ones in red

I hear you thinking why transpalnted when their is already planted, well for me ideally
1, Seed in fridge, stratified with date when they come out of fridge
2, Seed sown, into plug trays
3, Transplanted seedlings sown from plug trays into sheltered nursery area
4, Planted into field where they stay until cut as xmas trees
5, Perished Date - already present
6, Perished Quantity - number plants died
7, Number sold - self explanatory

Sorry George but if these 4 could be accomadated somehow much appreciated, thinking to myself bet the teacher knows a way around some of these already
Phil

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »
You can 1 and 3 (items in red) already Phil, as Events.
Stratify, Stratified
Transplant, Transplanted
The items in black can also be done as Events.

RE:
duplicate same task when necessary each year so i dont have to keep on typing it in all the time
As explained elsewhere, you dont have to keep typing it in all the time. Once you add data to your data fields, you can use copy and paste when in the tasks program

You can already duplicate tasks in the Tasks program

6) and 7) in red
You could do that by creating a Batch of specimens
You then split the batch, Quantity sold, quantity perished etc, recording those as "events"
Set up events:
Sell, Sold
Perish, Perished

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 11:42:42 AM »
thinking to myself bet the teacher knows a way around some of these already and he did thank you