Author Topic: The Ideasguy garden in April 2009  (Read 2683 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
The Ideasguy garden in April 2009
« on: April 28, 2009, 01:39:54 AM »
More about this tomorrow. Its very LATE here!

http://www.ideasforgardens.com/ideasguy/April2009/

Excuse the hoofmarks in the lawn. I'm sure you remember all about that incident  :'(

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Re: The Ideasguy garden in April 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 11:36:40 PM »

We can now see more of your garden George.
And you were right, you do have a lot of shrubs, nice ones in there as well.
Didn't notice the hoof prints.
Keeps you out of mischief.
Is it just you who looks after the garden?

Malcolm

NightHawk

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 03:10:29 PM »
You're getting a good show of plants coming through now George.

Although we remember that bovine incident only too well, for those who aren't in the know would not notice the full extent of the disaster.  You have done a good job at repairing the hoof marks in your lawn too.

Now you start to enjoy your garden again.

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 04:26:30 PM »
I'm the one and only gardener, so I guess I can call myself the Head Gardener  :)

Mind you that little grandson is showing promise! Seriously, he loves playing with a spade in the garden.
Last Saturday, he went into the garage and emerged with two "seaside" spades and invited me to come and dig!

My wife looks after him 3 afternoons per week (after his day Nursery)
I set a little task for him to pick the dandylions.
My wife walked him around the gardens and he worked really hard, then he said he wasn't feeling well, and was going to have to go to the doctor!
We had a good titter about that.

As you see, Ive extended James' garden. I'm enjoying picking plants for that, must be max of 30cm or thereabouts to look best in the foreground of the main planting. Theres a whole mixture of things in there already!

You'll see the repaired hoofmarks in the foreground of Picture #14, with my prize show of Forget-me-not (Eric will be shocked)
No 15 shows a Blue and a Pink variety growing side by side. They've come up in that region for years. I haul them out after flowering.

Also looking through the arch carrying Clematis 'Pauline' you'll see a reseeded area.

I grew the Rhododendrons you see in the photos from seed.
The one in No 8,. 9 and 10 carries a very nice scent which can be picked up at a few yards form the plant. It took me a while to locate the source of the plant a few years ago when it first flowered.
The one in No 18 is my pride and joy. It was the last of the seed grown rhodos to start flowering. But, it was well worth the years of wait.
Its a mass of bloom on a dwarf plant, perfect for that position.
No scent from that one.

You'll see some of my favourite shrubs in those photos Malcolm- Camellia, Spirea Goldflame, Pieris etc.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 04:28:37 PM by ideasguy »