Plants > Clematis

Clematis: Plant care

<< < (4/4)

ideasguy:
RE: C. sieboldii
Yes, Malcolm. Ive clicked the RHS button for my entry in the Master Database for that name and sure enough it returns Clematis florida var. sieboldiana
But! I also have Clematis florida var. sieboldiana in the Master Database!
Note: Theres a Synonym checkbox in the Plant Profile screen GA100S36.
Check that for the synonym if you have two entries in your database for the same plant.
I hope to expand on that feature at some stage.

RE:
--- Quote ---The reason for it not appearing on our WPG was another oversight, I hadn't placed it in the review
--- End quote ---
I'm glad I mentioned it. That is a beautiful photo. Is it as good as it looks?

Palustris:
Whats is face Lloyd used to grow two C. viticella, same variety, in the same place. One he pruned back to near the ground every year as recommended, the other he left to grow on a stem, that way he claimed that he got a long flowering season from floor to ceiling. Never tried it myself though.

ideasguy:
That sounds like a very good idea to me Eric. I presume the (single?) stem was to avoid having to sort out the tangle at pruning time?
Has any other members tried this?

Lyn and Malcolm:

WHATS HIS FACE  ::)

Do you mean Christopher Lloyd ? He was one of our heros.
Why should you have colour theming in a garden? Does nature have just blocks of white flowers growing together, with not a sight of another colour.
As Christopher Lloyd did, we don't care what colour plants sit next to each other, the brighter the better.  ;D
It was very sad when he passed away.

I wonder about the planting of two clematis together, cutting one down, and not the other, how are they going to flower at the same time to give flower from bottom to top?

Malcolm

ideasguy:
I assumed the one that was pruned back would not grow to the height of the unpruned one, thus providing flowers at a lower level.
It would have to be pruned at the correct time of course, so that it would actually flower!
Over to Eric for enlightenment :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version