General Category > Tips on using the forum

Including pictures, scans, photos in posts

(1/4) > >>

JohnB:
OK - so I should know how to do this - but after reading the online help for the forum I still couldn't see the instructions on how to properly include pictures, inline into posts.

I think I've seen instructions posted to this forum and I did a search, but didn't find what I was looking for. So, links to those postings or to online instructions could be posted as a reply to this please?

ideasguy:
Yes you may have seen it recently in this topic:
http://www.flowergenie.co.uk/ideas/forum/index.php/topic,1318.msg8970.html#msg8970

Your photos for posting on the forum have to be less that 125kb - per posting (1x125, 2 x 62kb max etc)
This method allows you to make rezized copies of selected photos so they are "forum ready"
Your originals are untouched

Heres an extract

--- Quote ---Make a folder called temp (or whatever) on your computer
Use Tools-> Resize program GA051 in Ideas Genie Pro
Point Location for Originals to where your photos are
Point Location for Reduced copies to temp
Set the values of Max Height and Max width to 600
Select photos to be resized and click do selected

Then when you got to post a message, click Additional options, click the Browse button and locate the images in temp
That will fill the field in Attach
Do one image at a time per posting
--- End quote ---

JohnB:
I'm activating an old thread around how to post pictures. Earlier today I tried to reply to a posting and attach 4 photos to that posting.

I followed the instructions below - except I used Photoshop Elements to produce the reduced size photos - they are now 640x480 jpg's each around 110kbytes

When I created the post, I received an error that said the file-sizes were too large. I thought perhaps that there was something wrong with doing all four, so I tried again to post just one.

This time I received an error saying there was already a posting with a file of the same name attached -- when I know that posting failed.

I'm going to post this text plain, so it actually gets onto the forum thread. Then will follow up with another attempt at posting a picture - which I've renamed.

JohnB:
So hopefully this gets posted with a picture - if it works - I guess I've joined the ranks of the real forum users!

JohnB:
Aha, so it did work. My question now then is the limit

a) maximum of 4 photo's where each photo can be up to 128kb in size, or
b) maximum of 4 photo's where the aggregate size of the posting is 128k?

if it's the former, then I'd swear that what I tried before, but had a failure...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version