Author Topic: Weather Station Software  (Read 4159 times)

NightHawk

Weather Station Software
« on: February 09, 2009, 02:42:35 PM »
Came across this little computer Desktop application for displaying the current local weather conditions, and 5-day ahead forecast.
(See photo below of actual size screenshot).

It's FREE, Windows OS only, XP and Vista, and you can view the weather in any city in the world.

For anyone based in USA, there are additional links at the bottom of the display for "Local Pollen Reports", "Airport Conditions", "Lawn and Garden Weather" and "Rush Hour Traffic".

An Internet connection is required for the software to link to the Weather Channel web site to get the latest real-time conditions.

It's a quick and easy little interface that saves you time instead of having to open your browser and connect to a local weather web site.  An icon sits quietly in your System Tray (next to your clock) and displays the current temperature when the mouse is hovered over it.

I think it's a convenient way of getting to the most useful local weather conditions, and handy if you're planning a visit elsewhere by typing in the area concerned and seeing what the weather is like there.

Worth a look for anyone who's interested.

Download the latest v2.15 full version of the software (4.44Mb).

Laurie.

Below is a second screenshot showing the current (4.27pm GMT) local weather report for us just before sunset.  The main graphic with the sun in it is now showing the sun setting and the sky colour changing (compare with above photo).
Also, the 5-day forecast has altered.  The graphics now show partly cloudy conditions instead of light rain/snow.

I currently have the temperature showing in °F.  With this setting you automatically get the wind speed and visibility distance showing in Miles.
If you change to the °C option, then you get the Kilometer settings (whichever scale you prefer).

You can also change the weather update frequency from 18 minutes (lowest) to 180 minutes (highest).

Laurie.

And finally, into night-time.

Laurie.

N.B.  I have edited this post to show three different stages of the program throughout the day, just to give a better idea of what it does..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 09:52:39 PM by Kathy & Laurie »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Weather Station Software
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 02:49:46 PM »
Great little tool Laurie!