Author Topic: Computer troubles. Again  (Read 4257 times)

Offline diegartenfrau

• The Musings Of A Transplanted Gardener
Computer troubles. Again
« on: March 15, 2010, 01:56:55 AM »
I am unfortunately a victim of the problem the Seagate Hard drives are having. Mine just stopped working last week. Interesting enough a day later my husband got an email from a class action lawsuit about a manufacturing problem Seagate had with these hard drives and one can send them in to have them fixed or get a free back up software. So now I am again without a computer until my husband fixes me up again and again I have to reload everything and reset my licenses for the varies programs I am using. Such a hassle. So George I will have to bother you soon again to reset my license, or maybe you can do it now and it is ready waiting for me until my computer is running again. Darn I was just getting going again and now I am without my task program telling me what to do and what I already did.

Luckily I had printed out my garden chart, which is hanging on my office wall, so at least I can look at that to plan my seeding. I just can't remember all the plants I already planted. I also some time ago signed up for one of these online back up sites, so hopefully all my data is still there, I hope it got the last few MP3's I just purchased from Amazon, since Amazon does not let you re download them. My computer crashed a short time after I downloaded.

I think this online backup thingy is a well purchased service for me, looking at my track record of computer troubles.>lol< It must be the fourth time since October I am reloading my computer.  ??? ::)

Maybe I should just go back to notebooks and pencils. This computer thingy is not working that well for me :-\

Just kidding!!!

So this is why I have been not much online lately. The computer I am sitting at right now, is our music computer and is not made for sitting at, very uncomfortable to sit at for long periods. It was one of my request that my husbands music set up will not make my living room look like an office. It doesn't and so unfortunately it makes my neck hurt after a while.

Until I get back on my computer........ till later
Isabell

I hope I am not getting far behind in those lessons

Offline diegartenfrau

• The Musings Of A Transplanted Gardener
Re: Computer troubles. Again
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 02:52:28 AM »
I am back on my computer. My son was able to save  a l l  my data  :D
I lost nothing and am up an running in IGPro. What a relieve, since I was so busy working on the program I hadn't backed up my data for some weeks.
I am a happy camper now, busily moving my data into my new hard drive. My husband got me a big separate hard drive, where I will try to religiously back up my data into.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Computer troubles. Again
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 08:36:24 AM »
Thats really good news Isabell. The behind the scenes communications seem to have worked ;)