Author Topic: Wahh - dead router :((  (Read 4091 times)

Offline TKR99

• Gentle Touch Cards
Wahh - dead router :((
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:43:23 PM »
My lovely Belkin router has just decided to die on me tonight - waiting for a Belkin rep to get back to me on whether it's totally dead or something yet fixable, but it doesn't appear to be to me at least.   Nice though that the guy I spoke to said that if it wasn't fixable they'd replace it FOC - they did that once before for me on a prevoius one that died after I applied a patch to it on their recommendation.   But I really do have to highly recommend Belkin as a supplier - despite their Help desk being (as always) in India or the likes, they've always sorted out my numerous queries very rapidly and efficiently and ALWAYS found a fix which I think is superb.  And in many ways I have to say they're overly polite but that's often better than the offhanded attitude of some UK helplines whose reps always sound so fed up and bored and really not willing to help you at times.  So thumbs up to Belkin!!!   I'm just direct connecting for now until they get back to me, so at least I can do that - the only thing I'm losing out on is my laptop's connection but I can live without that for a few days.

PS - Really appreciating this Forum George for the multitude of different categories you're providing - might do something similar on our charity Forum although we've not got that many active members on it.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Wahh - dead router :((
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 11:43:25 PM »
Bad news about the router, Romayne. Good that Belkin are so helpful and so good at replacing items like that. Not many other companies would offer such a service.

Thanks for your comments about the forum categories.
I have to say I'm very lucky to have Laurie and André to act as forum administrators and for coming up with new categories.
Of particular note Laurie initiated this board (Computers) and the Photography board - they are very popular.
Ive found some of the topics extremely useful (e.g. when I bought a new camera recently).
André helped me in the early days of the forum. Recently he's fully occupied with a new career and doesn't have the time to spare that he once had.
We have all worked very hard to make the forum a hub of activity:)
Our members are exceptional people 8)