Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
I have been asked by George to post this item which recently exercised my thinking.  I have been using Bank Genie for several years particularly when the version with investments was released.  It happens that I took out several years ago an investment ISA linked to a fund managed by HSBC.  A few years later I took out a further ISA in the same fund.   In Bank Genie they were held as separate investment holdings.  Of late HSBC has, in its wisdom, combined my holdings and when any transactions subsequently took place it was not possible to determine for which ISA they applied.  The answer was to combine the holdings in Bank Genie, but how to do it?

In MS Money (of which I still have a working copy), I found a Combine function, which with a few clicks combined one holding into the other, all historical transactions, leaving a fully detailed single holding reflecting the correct balance as indicated by the fund manager.

In Bank Genie, after consulting George, I elected to perform the combination by inserting two transactions, 1) in the holding to be discontinued, a Shares Out transaction for the balance of the holding and then 2) a Shares In transaction to the other holding for the same amount.  On completion the balance of the second holding reflected the correct balance as indicated by the fund manager.

There is one problem.  The shares out transaction was entered at a zero price.  The Shares in transaction was entered with the price of the day.  The result is that in order to calculate a correct gain or loss figure, the values of gain or loss in each holding have to be added together to achieve the true figure.  (I am not sure if this was the correct action.)  The "from" holding thus must be retained for that purpose and as a record of historical transactions which remained behind.

I suspect this is not a frequent event, but perhaps prevalent enough to suggest an addition to Bank Genie of the "Combine Holdings" function the MS Money has.   In the absence of that, the method described appears to have achieved the main objective in that future transactions need not be concerned with the original holding. That is a testament to Bank Genie!

Should it not be possible that one could also print the content of "Notes under the tab "Work with Gardeners Profile GA100S11 ?
For the moment it isn't possible. :)
Ideas Genie Pro 6 - Released 2015 / Re: The use of "pot history"
« Last post by Roba on May 13, 2023, 07:49:44 PM »
"Specimen events" (see question above "sowing poppies"):
I have added the sow date and sow upcoming date in "Specimen events" (GA100S69 Toolbar and specimen details).
Two questions and 1 remark:
Question 1: Can one also have anywhere in the program a print of these noted "Specimen events" + "Specimen notes"? When yes, where please? If not, could you add this by the possibilities of a print? ( for example in GA100S18 report GA004RO1 & GA004R02)
Question 2: One can not see in screen GA100S69 Toolbar and specimen details the noted 'Specimen events" as one can well see the noted "Specimen notes". It would be very interesting if one could see this also there. Is that possible to arrange?
Remark 1: When one click on the tab "Print" in the screen GA100S69 this screen disappears and there is no print out.. Could that be fixed?
« Last post by Roba on May 13, 2023, 03:54:45 PM »
Thanks, George.
Looking forward to the updates.
My Garden / Re: The Garden in May 2023
« Last post by ideasguy on May 11, 2023, 10:06:04 AM »
Good luck with your new book Eric!

How are the others doing?

You certainly don't sit around Eric. I'm absolutely amazed by your garden.
« Last post by Palustris on May 09, 2023, 03:08:29 PM »
Nothing better to do is the answer to that.
Latest book has gone back to the editor and waiting for him to finish prepping it.
« Last post by ideasguy on May 08, 2023, 10:44:10 AM »
Eric, that is astonishing!!

Its a big garden, front and back. How on earth do you manage to find the time to keep in such pristine order 8)

Beautiful spring flowers, all looking simply wonderful!

Thank you for taking the time to take that photographic tour and sharing with us :D
My Garden / The Garden in May 2023
« Last post by Palustris on May 04, 2023, 08:51:22 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/rFTrDqn
Taken this morning.
« Last post by ideasguy on May 02, 2023, 11:04:39 PM »
Ive responded by email Robert.

This feature is part of Bonsai Genie.

I need to create a number of downloads for you so you can change your Ideas Genie Pro 6  installation to run Bonsai Genie programs.
I haven't actually done this before so please be patient until I get a chance to do this.

RE: I have sown Poppies in trays and want them to pot out + place them in the garden afterwards: how can one register this with Ideas Genie Pro 6?
Answer: This could be done using the Events feature in the specimens screen GA100S23 which you mentioned.
Ideas Genie Pro 6 - Released 2015 / The use of "pot history"
« Last post by Roba on May 02, 2023, 11:55:03 AM »
Could you please help me in making a pot history of different specimens of dahlia's and afterwards also for seeding flower plants in trays and planting them out later off?

I have bought dahlia tubers; I planted them in a pot on 28/04/2023; some of them I will transplant after a certain time in plaine ground, other's maybe held in a greater pot.
How can I make a pot history GA100S23?
When I use GA100S23 for indicating that I have as planting date 29/04/2023 + I click then on "Specimen events" + "add an event" + choose "potted" I have there "no pot history this specimen (in yellow) + in date & out date in yellow + "event date 29/04/2023 " (in white) + I click on add event : I have the message "You have not selected a pot for this event. Do you wish to continue?" WHen I click on "yes", go out the screen + click again on this specimen and click again on"pot history" there is none.

I have sown Poppies in trays and want them to pot out + place them in the garden afterwards: how can one register this with Ideas Genie Pro 6?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10